Java java java java java java

Options
SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TODAY (sorry let me quit yelling) Today is the first day in over a week that I'm having coffee in the AM. I woke up hungry today (:drinker: ) and decided to stop and get some croissants (sp?) and an iced coffee. :smooched: I love iced coffee .... even though my first thought was "I make it better at home" it still has caffine in it and tastes good so it serves it purpose. The good news about waking up hungry is I know I'll eat today which gives me another chance to get back on track, BUT the bad news is I can tell it's also gonna be one of those days I wanna eat everything in sight.
ANYWHO!! I'm a wee bit wired already (and not lookin forward to the crash) But thought I'd share my caffine high with everyone!
:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile:

Replies

• mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TODAY (sorry let me quit yelling) Today is the first day in over a week that I'm having coffee in the AM. I woke up hungry today (:drinker: ) and decided to stop and get some croissants (sp?) and an iced coffee. :smooched: I love iced coffee .... even though my first thought was "I make it better at home" it still has caffine in it and tastes good so it serves it purpose. The good news about waking up hungry is I know I'll eat today which gives me another chance to get back on track, BUT the bad news is I can tell it's also gonna be one of those days I wanna eat everything in sight.
    ANYWHO!! I'm a wee bit wired already (and not lookin forward to the crash) But thought I'd share my caffine high with everyone!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Sharing the ole caffeine high, huh? Who ever says you're not a giver? On top of my 2 cups...you're gonna have me bouncing off the walls.:laugh:

I'm actually glad to hear you're hungry today too.
  • Juliebean
    Options
    Oh sweet coffee... How I miss thee... :grumble: I'm one of those people who can't make coffee (no really, I can't. I suck at it. I know it's not hard, but I can never get a good cup of coffee when I make it at home) so I've stopped drinking it. :noway:

I'm glad you are FINALLY hungry! Enjoy it! :drinker:
  • mholmes
    Options
    Oh sweet coffee... How I miss thee... :grumble: I'm one of those people who can't make coffee (no really, I can't. I suck at it. I know it's not hard, but I can never get a good cup of coffee when I make it at home) so I've stopped drinking it. :noway:

Folgers. 1tbs equals 1 cup. It all used to confuse me too but then I started playing around, mixing blends and making my own and found out one heaping tbs per cup was perfect. A little more or less depending on the blend, but I stick to Simply Smooth now. :flowerforyou:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Hey holmes! Nice to see you on the board! Miss 'ya girl! I'm glad you're hungry - it's easier (at least for me) to stay on track for the day. *sniff* *sniff* Did you say coffee? (Where is my **** mug?) *pillaging cabinets* HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!:flowerforyou:
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    That does it. I consider this as a indication, that I should not hold back anymore, and get one cup for myself. 1 coffee a day isn't that bad. :drinker:
    And Juliebean,(I dunno, if I'm committing a mistake advising you this) you can try nescafe instant coffee sachets, if you like the taste.
  • Juliebean
    Options

Folgers. 1tbs equals 1 cup. It all used to confuse me too but then I started playing around, mixing blends and making my own and found out one heaping tbs per cup was perfect. A little more or less depending on the blend, but I stick to Simply Smooth now. :flowerforyou:

I have a coffee-maker that has a bean grinder but it just confuses me. It's so much easier to drive up to a Starbucks and say "Hi, I'd like a Venti Non-fat vanilla latte with a half pump caramel and half pump hazelnut please." Oh, talk about deliciousness! :drinker:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm coffee, Im on my way to make mine which consists of instant coffee and a heaping spoonful of chocolate milk mix...MMMMM if u haven't tried it, u really should! lol
  • mholmes
    Options
    That does it. I consider this as a indication, that I should not hold back anymore, and get one cup for myself. 1 coffee a day isn't that bad. :drinker:
    And Juliebean,(I dunno, if I'm committing a mistake advising you this) you can try nescafe instant coffee sachets, if you like the taste.

:noway: Instant coffee??? GET HER!!!!!!! :mad:
    lol jk ... i won't drink the stuff but it could do the trick for some i suppose
  • Juliebean
    Options
    Mmmmm coffee, Im on my way to make mine which consists of instant coffee and a heaping spoonful of chocolate milk mix...MMMMM if u haven't tried it, u really should! lol

Umm... I'm currently drooling on my keyboard. Why haven't I thought of this before now?! :indifferent: :noway: *running to the kitchen...!*
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options

:yawn: :yawn:

Thanks for sharing.......my coffee has done nada to wake me up......

:yawn:
  • mommy2boys
    Options
    Now since I'm thinking about iced coffee I have a question for you all...are there any Starbuck's drinks that are somewhat low-cal? I love that place & haven't had one if forever but thought I'd ask since you're talking about coffee.
  • mholmes
    Options
    Now since I'm thinking about iced coffee I have a question for you all...are there any Starbuck's drinks that are somewhat low-cal? I love that place & haven't had one if forever but thought I'd ask since you're talking about coffee.

I don't do starbucks but I'm hoping someone will chime in soon cause I've seen countless posts about low-cal options at starbucks and other places...

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
  • Juliebean
    Options

The non-fat iced latte really isn't that bad for you at all! And it's delicious! :drinker: :love: The "Skinny Cinnamon Dulce Latte" (that's a mouth-full!) has only 80 calories for a grande. So drink up! :drinker:
  • Juliebean
    Options

I don't do starbucks but I'm hoping someone will chime in soon cause I've seen countless posts about low-cal options at starbucks and other places...

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

:laugh: :laugh: Bueller...? Bueller? Fry...? Fry...?

I love that movie!

And yes, Starbucks has some AWESOME options! Just remember to ask for non-fat milk and minus the whipcream. If you like coffee flavored coffee (Oh Dennis Leary would be cringing right now...) the regular cafe latte is approx. 120 calories. If you like flavors substitute the regular syrup for sugar-free to cut down on a few more pesky calories. Enjoy!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I love that movie!

And yes, Starbucks has some AWESOME options! Just remember to ask for non-fat milk and minus the whipcream. If you like coffee flavored coffee (Oh Dennis Leary would be cringing right now...) the regular cafe latte is approx. 120 calories. If you like flavors substitute the regular syrup for sugar-free to cut down on a few more pesky calories. Enjoy!

I don't get the Starbucks thing. It' taste like burnt motor oil. :sick: Expensive burnt motor oil at that. :tongue:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options

Iced coffee, Starbucks Doubleshot on Ice w/o the classic syrup (I sub it with splenda), Iced skinny vanilla lattee.....Actually, go to www.starbucks.com and look at their nutrition.

:flowerforyou:
  • mholmes
    Options

I don't get the Starbucks thing. It' taste like burnt motor oil. :sick: Expensive burnt motor oil at that. :tongue:

agreed. lol.... thats why i said i don't do starbucks
  • Juliebean
    Options

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I love that movie!

*falls out of chair* What?! :noway: :huh:

Maybe you just had a bad cup...? It is possible to burn coffee...:sick: I've had it before where it didn't taste the best. It all depends on who's making it.
  • Juliebean
    Options

agreed. lol.... thats why i said i don't so starbucks

Is there a Biggby (formerly Beaners) coffee near you...? They have some great low-cal options too!