Beach body lovers help!

Options
I'm considering looking into one if the beach body programs. Turbo fire has gotten rave reviews and I'm also considering Insanity so me and my boyfriend can workout together. Who has used these programs? What did you love/ hate? How where the results? Any reccomendations? I'm new to MFP and need some advice before I make the commitment. Thanks a ton! Have a fit day!

Replies

• princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!

I have personally tried P90X, ChaLEAN Extreme, and am currently going through TurboFire. The latter two are definitely my favorites!! I absolutely love Chalene Johnson's style of exercise and motivation. Highly recommend it!

On ChaLEAN Extreme, I lost 18 pounds and lost 10% of body fat!! Still only one month in to the TurboFire workout program, but am already down 4-5 pounds. :-)
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hello

I just started Turbo Fire and I really love it. I have also done Slim in 6, Turbo Jam and I have ChaLean Extreme. All Beachbody. I think they are all great. It really depense what you want out of the workout.. Are you more into cardio like Turbo Fire or more into weights like ChaLean Extreme or P90X?

As you said you want to work out with your boyfriend I would probably say go for Insanity if you want cardio. I haven't done that (yet) but Turbo Fire is a bit dancy. I am sure it is great for men but I am not sure if it is every mens cup of tea.

Have a look on youtube maybe to see which one you'd prefer. I can only say that I had great results with Beachbody products and really like the schedules they lay out for you.

Hope maybe I coudl help a bit

Daisy
  • chubmuffim
    Options
    Would you recommend trying turbo Jam first or jumping into turbo fire? I have about 35 lbs to lose but I'm young and in relatively strong heart health and have danced a bit in my life. Thank you!
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Turbofire is great, I was able to wear a bikini after having my twins. Your boyfriend is more likely to prefer Insanity (cardio) or P90X using your body for weight..

They are all great programs just depends on you workout styles.

TurboFire is kickboxing with great music and some booty shaking steps, nothing that a guy can't do but may not enjoy as much Insanity. It is a 6 days a week with one rest day and workouts range form 15 min for HITT and up to 55 for Kickboxing with hit drills.
    P90X you need to workout 7 days a week and workouts range from 50-90 minutes.
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I started with TuboJam to learn the basic 11 moves used in Turbo. Then moved to TurboFire and I was addicted from day 1.
  • angelagrubbs
    angelagrubbs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have done both TurboFire and Insanity. TurboFire is more fun, in my opinion. It is definitely a great workout.
    Insanity is very tough, but effective. When you are finished with that one, you really feel like you have accomplished something. I like Chalean's stuff more because it has a little sass to it .
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Im presently doing Turbo Fire and love it! It's a program that provides cardio and sculpting. The Cardio is fun! The music just does something for me. Even if I start out not wanting to work out once I start Turbo Fire. I forget that I was tired or was making excuses not to do the workout. My husband does Turbo Fire right along with me and he gets a serious sweat.

Ive gotten great results from Beachbody programs. Chalean Extreme I prefer for overall body sculpting and leaning out! Insanity is for the hardcore exerciser. I did the program but at times all of the jumping did place a lot of impact on my joints. P90X is great as well but again depends on what you want to accomplish. All of Beachbody programs are great in my opinion.
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Would you recommend trying turbo Jam first or jumping into turbo fire? I have about 35 lbs to lose but I'm young and in relatively strong heart health and have danced a bit in my life. Thank you!

Even though you haven't tried Turbo Jam which is just a modified version of Turbo Fire. I think you could start with Turbo Fire and modify as needed. The moves are not hard to learn.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I've completed my first round of P90X and just started Insanity. I had just completed my first marathon when I started these programs and was in fairly good shape, I thought :) Both were very tough programs. Not for "beginners" IMO, but can be done by a really committed person. IMO your bf would probably prefer P90X over insanity, men like weights. My kids, who are both fit, have done the programs with me, they are doing great.

My coach initially suggested Chalean Extreme, she wasn't sure of my fitness level. It's not just about a strong heart, it's more your level of current fitness. I'm a Type A personality, that gives everything 200% all the time,had I not already been in better shape than when I started losing weight 18 months ago, I may have been discouraged. I didn't lose any weight on P90X, but I did lose many inches and a lot of body fat%.