Any women have only 15-20 lbs to lose? Add me!

Options

Replies

• MissMe2morrow
    Options
    We're in the same boat! I'm also 5'7" with about 10-15 lbs to lose. I'm finding it very difficult! Sending a request. :smile:
  • kaitlinrc
    Options
    I'm trying to loose 18. I'll add you!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I saw your message.
    I am 5´7 and 24 years old, and maybe that is why I managed to loose 11lb in 11 weeks and now Im 133lb. I want to loose 10lb more. I know this is a little bit crazy considering that people have much bigger weight issues here, but I want to look really healthy and hot for ONCE in my life, and in my age group. Im almost there.
    It has been "easy" to loose 1lb/week, mainly trough adjustment of my eating habits, but I suspect that once I hit my all-time lowest in a couple of weeks, its gonna stop and its gonna get hard.
    I am jumping in the gym as soon as my throat and nose get better, since now Im coping with the cold.
    I also need some support, so please add me, if you like what you read:D!
  • Debx12345
    Options
    I've been trying for two years to get rid of that last 10 pounds !!! Have sent a request.
  • ksimms
    ksimms Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'7 and I have about 15-20 lbs left to lose, time to get serious! I'm sending you and add and anyone else can feel free to add me!
  • cris12
    cris12 Posts: 90
    Options
    10 pounds left to lose and my weight has been zig zagging annoyingly. Although I've done a few sports in my lifetime (nothing too intensely) I never worked out, ever. I've recently been working out every day and have been seeing changes, but one slip like I had on Valentine's day weekend and the weight is back on. Friend request sent :)

Anyone else on this boat feel free to add me too!
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You are saying it for me girl! I'm at my wits end, its exasperating. I'm thinking juicing might be part of the answer - so I've frozen a lot of veg/fruit juice mixes. As you get to the last 10-20lbs more than ever you need max nutrients for minimum cals. & juicing does give you an energy boost ( I can't tolerate vit/min pills so have to come up with alternatives!). I'm aiming to lose 1lb a week from here on &lose 20lbs for son's wedding in Sept. Maybe with everyone here we should start our own thread?
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness so may friend requests! I am going to add all of you. Just got back on after posting my message this morning. So there are a lot of us in the same boat!! I could relate to many of your posts. We WILL prevail!! :):)
  • Jazzdaisy
    Jazzdaisy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Please add me too! I have been trying to lose the same 15 to 20 pounds for ages. I am lost as what to do.
    I lose 5 to 7 pounds and gain it right back repeately. Help!!
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You are saying it for me girl! I'm at my wits end, its exasperating. I'm thinking juicing might be part of the answer - so I've frozen a lot of veg/fruit juice mixes. As you get to the last 10-20lbs more than ever you need max nutrients for minimum cals. & juicing does give you an energy boost ( I can't tolerate vit/min pills so have to come up with alternatives!). I'm aiming to lose 1lb a week from here on &lose 20lbs for son's wedding in Sept. Maybe with everyone here we should start our own thread?
    Jodie do you know how to do one of those threads? If so, I'll join if others are interested!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Jodie do you know how to do one of those threads? If so, I'll join if others are interested!

I was just thinking the same thing...we should start our own thread!
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    The same way you started this one, we would just have to bookmark it so we don't lose it. We can either put it under same section as this message ie "General diet and weight loss help" or under "Motivation and Support": (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/8-motivation-and-support)

We could for instance do a weigh-in once a week and check-in every day for anyone who needs help or just wants to chat. .. Check out these threads to get an idea.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/84055-women-ages-50-for-march

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/160076-bring-on-30-new-members-looking-to-lose-in-thier-30-s?hl=over+30's&page=1#posts-2142572
  • 77FoxMomma
    Options
    I am a mom of 2 I currently weigh 150 and would like to be 135 again I am 5ft4 and Currently at my biggest I am not fat just chubby and it breaks my heart when I see other 22 yr olds who can go out with their husbands and not have their momma gut hang out of everything I have tried just dealing with it and getting bigger clothes to hide it but it just makes it worse I honestly think I am slipping into a depression over it but I don't want it to get that far I would like to be able to not have a muffin top in all my clothes but I feel like I am alone I want to got to the parents gym on base but I feel like I am getting stared at everytime I go in I feel like I am completely alone on the dieting :(
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose an additional 14 lbs. Truly need support!
  • CurriedGrasshopper
    Options
    I'm right there with you gals. I want to lose 15-20lbs myself, with a major focus on body composition switching. It's definitely harder to reach the last bit compared to when I was much bigger and it just fell off.
  • ruth1104
    ruth1104 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Me too! Im not sure exactly how much im trying to lose but Id like a healthy BMI (im at 27 just now). But ive been at it for a few weeks and it just wont budge! Started 30day shred this week so hopefully that will help move things along. But yes, at this point every lb seems like a huge achievement (or failure, depending which way!) So it would be good to know some other people in the same situation!
  • ruth1104
    ruth1104 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    How did you change your work outs? What are you doing now? Looking for tips!
  • cris12
    cris12 Posts: 90
    Options
    I think someone that has succeeded in losing those last 10 pounds should share her secret so we can all follow ;)

I'm considering starting the 30 day shred tomorrow. Either that or... getting a gym subscription finally.
  • vitas1
    Options
    Me!! I had a baby 7 weeks ago. I am 153 right now. I need to get to 140. I'm 5"9. I started mfp a week ago. Add me
  • princesschikee
    Options
    I've been there. I posted previously in this thread. The last 10-15 lbs are going to be the hardest because our bodies want to hold on to as much fat as it can for survival reasons. I have found that choosing a final goal weight did not work. It was a good gauge, but I chose a body fat percentage instead (and a lot of clean eating and cutting out sugar). I won't go into too much detail why, unless people are interested in my technique.
    Losing body fat is different than losing weight and to lose that last bit of weight, you need to lose body fat.
    Also, sometimes when we lose a lot of weight it stretches our skin so much that the skin can not go back to its normal state therefore you have excess skin. The only way to get rid of it is to have surgery. Some people are lucky in that they don't need to, but the older you are the harder it is for your skin to get back to normal.
    I hope this helps. I'm sure there are other ways to get rid of those last stubborn pounds, but that worked for me.
    Good luck you guys.