Mini Goals

Options
Selma_82
Selma_82 Posts: 13 Member
How do you set your goals? I divided my ultimate goal into 12 mini goals and I'll be working on each one separately. It looks like it will take me forever but I gotta be a Doer and workout hard to start crossing off my mini goals. How about you?

My 12 mini goals are :

1-180 lbs
2-175 lbs
3-170 lbs
4-165 lbs
5-160 lbs
6-155 lbs
7-150 lbs
8-145 lbs
9-140 lbs
10-135 lbs
11-130 lbs
12-125 lbs

Replies

• beautymkt
    Options
    mini goals are great, however you will be too focused on your weight loss and it may drive you crazy! Focus on mini goals with dates as well within a 6month period of time! Remember that losing inches from your body is just as fantastic!! Good luck!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I think your goals are great. My only goal is to get through today, if I can do that then I will try to get through tomorrow.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    No mini goals for me - I don't want to lose five pounds here and there. I want to lose sixty pounds. I also don't have rewards, my changing body and health is my reward.

Now that doesn't mean I can't celebrate my accomplishments to date or give myself treats along the way. But they are when I feel I need and/or deserve them. Not because I reached an arbitrary, prechosen number.
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I think mini goals are a good idea because they are more attainable than looking at the big picture and before you know it you have reached the main goal. They also provide a way to celebrate along the way which is a great positive reinforcer!
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I set mine differently, breaking them down to the next "reachable" goal of the week, combining both exercise, weight loss, and a healthier life style. For example I started at 1?1, was very out of shape and my asthma was not controlled. So my first goal was to hit the "1?0s" and to walk 3 times for 10 min and 1 5 min walk on the treadmill, and to drink 1 cup of coffee less a day. I lost 4 pounds that week, walked 5 days, and did 10 min on the treadmill twice. My next goal was set to hit the 5 pound mark, and spend 10 min at a quicker pace walking 5 days a week, and 2 days on the treadmill at 10 min each. I have done this for the past 7 weeks, not always reaching my goal due to life in general, but have lost weight every week and more importantly am feeling much better physically. This seems to work for me, keep plugging at what works for you. Best of Luck:smile: , Lynn
  • Selma_82
    Selma_82 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    True. I hope I don't get crazy. I'm just not sure on which is the best way to stay focused. I lack consistency and I easily get discouraged so, I thought about those mini goals to help me reach my ultimate goal. I'll also keep watching inches but I know that they might take longer time to change.

CricketKate

I liked the quote ""Face your stuff, don't stuff your face!" Well said to emotional eaters !

Good luck to all!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I think setting mini goals for myself is helpful. When I look at the big picture, losing 100+ pounds is overwhelming. But if I break it down into 25lbs, I can do that. It's a personal preference. Your body, your choice. Make sure that your rewards align with your goals in a way that is still a challenge though.
  • amyjthomas
    Options
    Thanks for the idea of breaking the total down into 12 months. It doesn't seem as impossible now :laugh:
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I never set mini goals until I got here....:flowerforyou: wish you the best
  • BreeWilder
    BreeWilder Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have mini goals and rewards about every 10 pounds. It keeps me going and I have something to look forward. Plus I'm taking a monthly picture so I can see the changes in my body.
  • Ibelieveinthislifetime
    Options
    I loved reading everyones goals... Right now mine is to fit COMFORTABLY into EVERYTHING in my closet! Once that happens I will set a new goal... NO MORE CLOTHES until that happens!!!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    one of my mini goals is to just be able to fit into my pre pregnancy shorts...i dont wanna have to buy a whole bunch of new shorts for summer when the ones i have are perfectly fine.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!