water... water... water...

Options
I have a very hard time getting enough water in each day so I have been trying a few different things. Today I think I found my secret weapon...water bottles! I have just been refilling a 16.9 oz water bottle and aim for at least 4 bottles a day. I am finding that since I can SEE the water, as opposed to my normal white styrofoam cup, I enjoy seeing how fast I can drink them and how much I have left to go. I just wanted to share incase any of you have the same problem as me...and if any one has any more tips, feel free to share!

Replies

• ly2010
    Options
    That's my trick too! Good-luck! =)
  • kathrynarnold
    Options
    Speaking (or typing) of water, I seem to have misplaced my water bottle. =) I will find it though.
  • EecakYelsom17
    Options
    I have a big problem drinking enough water. I just don't like it and It has to be ice cold for me to be able to drink it. The bf tends to not replace the cold water when he takes it and with a dorm sized fridge can't put too many in at once :/
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have a big problem drinking enough water. I just don't like it and It has to be ice cold for me to be able to drink it. The bf tends to not replace the cold water when he takes it and with a dorm sized fridge can't put too many in at once :/

I am not a huge fan of water either. I could drink Strawberry Kiwi Propel fitness water all day long...but I know I shouldnt. The water at my work is disgusting....old pipes maybe, so now my next task is to figure out how I can get all my decent 'home water' to work! LOL
  • writermom02
    Options
    You are on the right track. My water has to be ice cold for me to drink it.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I like my water to contain Ribena :tongue:
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I have a plastic cup with a lid and straw that I fill up usually 3 times per day with ice and water at work, and since it's a 32 ounce glass I'll have 12 glasses just at work! While I'm home I have a different water bottle I use to fill up which is 3 glasses at a time.. so 4 times per day is all I need! I'm very blessed to have great water at home and at work, so tap and ice is all I need!

Good luck, a side benefit from drinking all that water is my skin looks better than it has since I was little!!!!
  • sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have a 32 oz water bottle with the ounces marked on it. This helps me out a lot. Also for you ice cold water drinkers: There are water bottles out there that have a freezable insert in them that you can put in your freezer and then you can pop it into your water bottle when you want ice cold water. My daughter uses one for sports practice.
  • rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    throwing in some lemon,limes and oranges makes it taste better too. I even buy benefiber orange flavor (taste just like mcdonaldds orange drink) to flavor the water, and at same time im upping my fiber which we all know we never get enough anyways so no worries that you will be getting to much. The recommended dose for benefiber is 6 tsp but in servings of 2 teaspoons each. I use just 1 teaspoon for each bottle. So that gets me to 6 bottles a day just by that plus the orange isnt overwhelming and it taste great! Really give it a try! Remember we should get 20-35 grams of fiber a day and by these 6 teaspoons your getting 9 dietary fiber and 9 soluble fiber so your not over dosing yourself. it adds an extra 40 cals total to your daily diet but its great way for me personally to push fluids! I love water this way :)
  • Marcia_11
    Marcia_11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I use a cup my daughter calls "momma's sippy cup". It's just a cup that holds 16 oz and I drink from a straw. Of course, I have to have it ice cold but the straw certainly seems to help me get my water down without thinking about it.
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I mix mine up, if you drink it in herbal or fruit infusions it counts towards your daily water. Or even tea (not coffee though). I've got into all sorts of fairly poncey teas lately, such as Oolong, jasmine and White tea (which you can get in teabags). I can't stand chamomile or green tea though :sick:

Or you can drink it hot with a slice of lemon - so when everyone else at work is having a tea or coffee you can just have that instead. I take a lemon to work and slice it up & leave it in the fridge, then just chuck a slice in a mug of hot water when I make a "round".

And I love fizzy water - I know bottled water is unethical really, but I justify it in my head with the excuse that there's loads of minerals in it as well, so it's got to be healthy! :drinker:
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i have a hydracoach it a water bottel y
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i have a hydracoach its a water bottel you tell it your weight and it lets you know how much you need to drink. every time you take a sip it show you what parcent of your daily water intake you need, im 194lbs and need to drink 2.86 liters aday i had know idea it would be so much but the bottla helps
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I do the same bottle in sight makes me drink more :)
  • seers
    seers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree. If I fill my favourite water bottle I tend to drink it. I also find if I make myself drink one glass of water first thing in the morning before my coffee then I'll drink all day long. At night time I like to have a nice hot boiled water just as if I was going to have tea or coffee. It is soothing and relaxing. Nice in the winter when it is cold. Try it! You might like it. I don't like room temperature water either.
  • estrada_mommy
    Options
    I got a water bottle from Target its pretty cool. The middle has a part that you freeze so your water stays cold. Also I add lemon juice to my water. Because honesty water alone is just so boring!!! LOL The lemon gives it a little flavor && helps me drink more of it. Since I got that bottle I am drinking 2/3 of them a day. Just one full bottle is 7 8oz glasses of water. =0)
  • estrada_mommy
    Options
    This is a good idea!!! I am gonna try this!!! =0) A glass before my cup of coffee.
    I agree. If I fill my favourite water bottle I tend to drink it. I also find if I make myself drink one glass of water first thing in the morning before my coffee then I'll drink all day long. At night time I like to have a nice hot boiled water just as if I was going to have tea or coffee. It is soothing and relaxing. Nice in the winter when it is cold. Try it! You might like it. I don't like room temperature water either.
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    I also notice if I drink water with a straw I drink more!!
  • jenaaay430
    Options
    I too was having the same issue and then I started filling up the old ones and now I keep a few on hand in the fridge that way I am never out of cold water and when one gets empty I refill it and switch it out for another cold one.
  • UcallMeJay
    Options
    I start my day with 16oz of water. and by start my day, I mean as soon as I get up I drink a bottle of water.
    After that it seems to be smooth sailing.