What are your signs of progress?

Options
I noticed my adams apple today - for the first time in a long time.

I was able to pick something up off the floor board in my car without having to use the steering wheel for leverage.

Replies

• jonny_gee
    Options
    Always clothes for me, Old ones that I havent worn for years/months that now fit! Belts that need an extra notch used. Also when friends say, have you lost weight? Thats a great one.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i dont have that huge bulge under my bra strap on my back anymore...that was grossing me out...seriously...im glad its gone
  • dengarrett
    Options
    Oh yeah - I will love it when I have to swtich to a new belt!
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I played catch with my Son today without huffing and puffing, turning beet red, or him running to call 911 :happy:
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    right now, it's me having to keep pulling up my pants. I've refused to go buy new clothes until I get to a size 13( im in 15/16 now). I had found about 7 pairs of size 13 jeans from when I was a senior in high school (almost 4 years ago), and most of them still had tags. So I said there is no point in buying more jeans until I get out of the 13s..
    Little did I know..I'd get quickly irritated by pulling them up all day.

I am going shopping tonight, I'm gonna try on a few sizes, so maybe I'll be able to say I droppexd a size..we will see!!
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    ....my most exciting one and the one driving me right now- extra space in my bra! hopefully I'll need to invest in some new, smaller bras soon :))) lol
  • hyoung3
    hyoung3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I used to lose my breath trying to tie my shoes... had to kneel on the floor.

Not anymore.... heck, I can tie everybody's shoes now, lol. (not that I want to) :laugh:
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I have a neck.
  • deejaifresh
    deejaifresh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was able to carry around a 20 pound bag of dog food today at walmart today while grabbing a bunch of other stuff... never would have been able to do that without just throwing the bag on the closest aisle and saying forget it before. Felt good.
  • kimmy0811
    kimmy0811 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When you all of a sudden LOVE to go shopping!
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I used to lose my breath trying to tie my shoes... had to kneel on the floor.

Not anymore.... heck, I can tie everybody's shoes now, lol. (not that I want to) :laugh:
    Ohhhh this is a good one isnt it!!!!
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Pulling my pants up and having to wear a belt, bra is gettingbig, my panites slide down when walking..lol....and I have major energy and sleep good now, insomnia is gone!
  • avalonfloyd
    Options
    In my face. I have a picture from July and one from November, and you can really see it. That double chin is gone! ha. I have also had to put two new holes in my belt (after having to *buy* a belt!). And I'm more confident in wearing tighter clothes. I don't like the way I look, swallowed up by my clothes.
  • VenusEnvy
    VenusEnvy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I definitely by how my clothing fits. For the longest time I didn't even own a scale or full length mirror. I tried on a pair of last summer's jeans and no such luck yet -- it would require laying down, grappling, and perhaps some pliers -- to get them on. I will try again in 5 more weeks. :tongue:
  • dengarrett
    Options
    Also, the elastic bands in my "fat" pants aren't stretching to the max.
  • JonnaGrace
    Options
    Actually having to use that little string in the sweat pants so they don't fall down now....hope I haven't pulled them all out, just sure I would never use them ... Ha Ha ....This weight loss thing is pretty awesome...and the support is great. :laugh:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    When I lie down on my back I have hip bones again.
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Instead of going out to dinner with my friend, and consuming way to much high fat food and alcohol, I side-stepped dinner, and suggested bowling instead...that's progress of the BRAIN!!!! :noway:
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    dont need jeans with the big tag on them that say "stretch"!!:bigsmile:
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    My wedding rings fit. They are a size smaller than the ring I've been wearing.

I am more motivated to be active during the day. I clean, do laundry, cook, play with the kids. The couch no longer has my butt print in it.

I haven't worn my "Spanx" in 3 weeks. I even forgot I had it.

I am fitting into some older jeans. YAY!