Protein ideas that are low in calories

Options
I need food that will meet my protein and that are low in calories. Any ideas?

Replies

• yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    GNC AMP Wheybolic Extreme protein shake. 1 scoop= 93 calories, 20 g of protein and 1 g of sugar. I have the chocolate one and mix it with .75C of milk after a workout for a quick shot of protein. It tastes like chocolate milk! Yummy.
  • dream_litotes
    Options
    Prawns! Almost no calories, but quite a bit of protein. 100g of prawns (pure prawns, obviously, not deep-fried or breaded or anything like that!) is under 100 calories.
  • jacquerd
    jacquerd Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi. I use Shaklee's Cinch products. They are have high protein (And, non GMO) and they have done studies on the products. The cinch products have an amino acid Leucine in them that helps you maintain your muscle mass. In the study, 100% of the participants maintained 100% of thei muscle mass. And we all know that muscle = metabolism. :-) Here's some info.

http://www.cinchplan.com/alifetimeoffitness/realscience/index
  • kayelkay
    Options
    egg whites! only 30 calories per egg
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I love baked tofu - 16 g protein for a couple ounces, only 150 cals and very flavorful! I eat it as is for a snack or toss it in a salad. Marinated tempeh is good too.
  • eed_bookworm
    Options
    Chicken of the Sea Tuna Cups. Ready to eat-- no draining required. 80 cals AND 18 grams protein. Great in a lunch box!
    Good luck!
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, low fat or fat free cottage cheese, low fat or fat free yogurt, low fat or fat free milk, fish, shrimp.
  • rwkem
    rwkem Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks so much I just cant ever seem to get enough protein for the day. Like today I had 20 left...even though I had yogurt and meat. I hate eating tuna everyday. Great ideas..TY very much!
  • rwkem
    rwkem Posts: 35
    Options
    Thank you all so much. Like today for example I had 20 in protein left. I hate eating tuna everyday trying to get my protein. I ate yogurt today too. Ive found myself eating lots of fruit lately..which eats up my calories quickly but im not hungry so thats good I guess! Thanks again!
  • spaboleo
    spaboleo Posts: 172
    Options
    I like (i really like the taste :smile:) of lowfat quark and cottage cheese.

Both of them could be mixed with delicacies like oatmeal or nuts and seeds. And they go very well together with all kinds of veggies and fruits.
    So I guess they won't taste boring for a long time ;)