multiround p90xers

mrmarius
mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
for those of you who have done more than one round of p90x. how did the 2nd and 3rd etc rounds compare to the first? i will probably start round 2 in a couple of weeks and i'm just wondering if i should expect the same results better results or what. should i say it this way, in my first month i lost one lb, by the time i finished i lost 25 so i'm wondering should i expect to lose only one lb again when i start back up?

Replies

• I just started my second time through a month ago and I'm in recovery week. So I havent check results yet. If you still have weight to lose you will properly continue to lose it if you stick to the program like you have. you will get stronger and better at the program just keep pushing yourself.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    I lost 20 pounds in my first round, 7 in my 2nd and another 5 in my 3rd. That said, in lieu of losing weight, I lowered my body fat considerably and became much smaller. So, while I shed the most weight in the first 90 days, I lost many pants sizes, but the scale didn't move so much, in the next 6 months.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    I completed 5 rounds. I can't speak for everyone but midway through the second round, certain dvd's (Kenpo, Cardio X, etc) were no longer a challenge. I had to buy the P90X+ dvd's and eventually, Insanity to keep things challenging. I also graduated to a 20 lb weighted vest for pullups, pushups & plyo, then eventually moved on to a 60 lb vest for pushups.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Round 1 I lost 24 pounds, during first phase I lost 7 pounds. 2nd round I lost weight and lost inches, 3rd round I lost a little weight and inches. I continue to get stronger during each round. My cardio endurance has improved. P90X was my launching pad so to speak. It has conditioned me to push me to new levels. We are now doing our 4th round, the Insanity workout, and running.

I would recommend doing some double workouts per week
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Bump, I'm only 1/4 of the way my first round but I'd love to see what others say on this topic too. I was wondering the same thing.
This discussion has been closed.