Don't like Vegtables or Fruits

Options
I'm finding hard to eat due to the fact i don't like Vegtables or Fruits well only apples i like. I can eat lettuce but is that enough ? Any Suggestions so i can meet my goal.

Thanks

patvon

Replies

• workoutqueen628
    Options
    Wow, well that's a tough one! All i can say if you should be more open to trying new things because fruits and veggies are your friends in the game of weight loss & living a healthy lifestyle...There are a lot of products out there, like fruit and veggie smoothies for example, that are tasty and nutritious (Odwalla and Naked smoothies), but these have added sugar, so you'd be best to eat just plain fruits and veggies!!! Start off slow incorporating them into your diet- add sauces and stuff to make them taste better if needed.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    There is a recipe book out called Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld. It incorporates vegetable purees and fruit purees into regular recipes like macaroni and cheese, and hot chocolate so that you get our daily vegetable and nutrient intake.

Check it out!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Is it taste or texture that gets you? there's veggies I don't like but even ones I thought I didn't like when prepared a different way were good.

To get started on them blend em up, put some spinach in your omelet, additional veggies in your tomato sauce for pasta dishes, if you can hide them via blending it'll come. Find a couple that you DO like and have them more often, I've started steaming even my potatoes that are going to end up mashed, the steamer insert with just potatoes in it is a lot easier to handle than the full-pot of potatoes plus water to drain, make them convenient to prepare and it's easy.. now excuse me I have to go cut up celery, carrots, brocoli and green peppers.. oh and potatoes for tonights soup dish.
  • Hillbox
    Options
    V8 Fusion.. Drink that.. Its WONDERFUL... but dont get the *light* The Light one adds sugar and is not 100% all natural. although it has less calories.

ITS GREAT!
  • AngelUK1985
    AngelUK1985 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem as you! but ive gradually weened myself onto certain vegtables, as long as i smother them in gravey and mint sauce :P cauli, cabbage, turnip and now im trying to do carrots. As for fruit I only like apples and grapes (but only peeled) and melon
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You don't technically need fruits and vegetables in order to live. But you do need them in order to be healthy. Try them prepared in different ways and just keep trying them until you like them. It can take up to 12 times of trying a new food before you like it.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Have a look at the book "Why We Get Fat And What To Do About It" by Gary Taubes. He argues that a diet filled with proteins as the main source of calories really doesn't require much in the lines of fruits/vegetables (kind of an Atkins-style food plan). His main point is that easily digestable carbs are the main reason people store calories as fat. I'm not a dietician but this book does make an interesting arguement.
  • shedthem
    Options
    What about smoothies? I am not a big veggie person, so I add spinich, banannas, strawberries, blueberries, carrots, celery, OJ soy milk, or yogurt, or fat free milk and whatever else I want. It tastes great, and it is easier than having to chew it. I started doing it for my daughter when she was younger, and it really helped her to eat veggies. You can also add a little flax seed in it or other supplements.
  • patvon
    Options
    Thank you all so much! All of you have given me some ideas and information. I'm going to give Vegtables and Fruits a try. :smile:

Patvon