Thats IT! No more whiskey...vent

Options
I know its affecting my weightloss....even if i make room for it in my calories! Im so frustrated right now because the scale is up and ive been perfect all week.

I think I will reduce my drinks to one night a week! It will be hard,but i can do it! I just love to sit with my hubby and after the kids are in bed and just sip on my whiskey and diet pepsi drink....it relaxes me! But i will find another way to relax if its affecting my weightloss:wink:

How often do you drink?(if at all)

Replies

• punka274
    Options
    I know its affecting my weightloss....even if i make room for it in my calories! Im so frustrated right now because the scale is up and ive been perfect all week.

I think I will reduce my drinks to one night a week! It will be hard,but i can do it! I just love to sit with my hubby and after the kids are in bed and just sip on my whiskey and diet pepsi drink....it relaxes me! But i will find another way to relax if its affecting my weightloss:wink:

How often do you drink?(if at all)
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Like you, I have to limit it to one night a week, and even then, I have to further limit to no more than 2-3 ounces. :grumble:

Unlike you, I'm finding that I've been dangling here at 158.5lbs for going on 3 weeks now, and it's making me crazy. The drinking or failure to drink doesn't seem to matter a jot. I just have to wait for something to give.
  • sabes2631
    Options
    the drinking was hard for me over the summer... but now it is the wine at night after work... yesterday it was 500 calories in 3-4 glasses... now i feel like crap and missed the gym. Thats where it hurts me the most.... i am dangling 8-10 pounds over my wedding day (my picture on my posting)..
    i actually had ab muscles that day... I am so trying to get back to that.

:yawn:
  • sabes2631
    Options
    Actually... saying I am trying hard is fooling myself... I skipped the gym 3 days this week, had a BLT, Fries and wine last night... which doubled my calories goal for the day...

Sucks.
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    One thing to remeber is that typically after two drinks or more your body releases an enzyme call acetate (Spelling may be off). When this enzy is released your body stops breaking down fat and stores it.

A doctor who specializes in Bariatrics actually teaches this in a weight loss class.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Not a huge drinker until I get around family. Then hours of just sitting around and talking tends to make me drink a couple of beer and wine. And for me, when I drink, I tend to eat more. But I've discovered that if I take flavored seltzer water and add it to my wine, that I don't tend to drink as many calories (although I sometimes feels it gives me permission to drink four glasses instead of two, which means the same amount of calories). But lately, I just have been skipping the drink because of my propensity to continue eating. But I miss my girlie-fruity drinks.
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i only drink one night a week, usually on the weekends when I go out with my friends. This has been cut down from my college days where it was almost every night!! :) yee haw!

i actually feel 100x better, my hair is nicer, skin looks better, and I feel better overall!! i've been able to really do well getting down to where i wanted to be weight wise, and I always plan my drinking, so I make sure I go to the gym, save room for the calories, and get up and exercise the next day no matter how crappy I feel!!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Never
    Can't see wasting the cals....LOL
    I haven't had a drink in about 10 years
    At night after being good all day and after dinner, I make a little sundae with frozen yogurt and cool whip (lite)

Kim
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    hello :) I drink quite a bit...ranges anywhere's from one night to two nights a week, and on those nights I usually drink between 12 and 16 bud lights. I've still managed to lose weight, but lately it's not going very well. I think maybe the extra beer calories have finally caught up with me. I have to wonder how much I'd have lost by now if I just cut the darn beer out. I'm anxious to try the new MGD 64! lol A 64 calorie beer....the bud light has 110 calories, but I like it so much more than michelob ultra...anywho, I'll let u all know how the MGD 64 is lol I've already had my two days this week, and I work for the next 3 days, so it'll be monday night probably...lol
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    It's typical for the hubby and I to some home and pop a beer first thing, and all the way till bed. I'll say though the calories are tremendous so I only had about 3 monday but skipped Tuesday and only had one glass of wine last night just before bed. I'm hoping to sober it up again tonight and reward myself friday night. It's hard because it's become such a part of my daily life now but it's worth it.
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    I don't drink at all but I'm sure you can do anything you set your mind to.

Maybe try some warm tea with honey and lemon. I like that. I would make sure its decaf.:smile:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I don't drink a whole lot, usually just on a weekend evening if I do.

To relax after my kids go to bed I make whoopy:tongue: Then it's really easy for me to fall asleep. Plus it burns calories.
  • punka274
    Options
    hello :) I drink quite a bit...ranges anywhere's from one night to two nights a week, and on those nights I usually drink between 12 and 16 bud lights. I've still managed to lose weight, but lately it's not going very well. I think maybe the extra beer calories have finally caught up with me. I have to wonder how much I'd have lost by now if I just cut the darn beer out. I'm anxious to try the new MGD 64! lol A 64 calorie beer....the bud light has 110 calories, but I like it so much more than michelob ultra...anywho, I'll let u all know how the MGD 64 is lol I've already had my two days this week, and I work for the next 3 days, so it'll be monday night probably...lol

yes,let me know how you like that low cal beer! Ive already drank two days this week too!
  • punka274
    Options
    One thing to remeber is that typically after two drinks or more your body releases an enzyme call acetate (Spelling may be off). When this enzy is released your body stops breaking down fat and stores it.

A doctor who specializes in Bariatrics actually teaches this in a weight loss class.

Ive also read that somewhere! I usually have two ounces of whiskey and no more! Ive decided to cut it down to only one day a week...starting next week of course:ohwell:

thanks for all the replies guys!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Although I'm a huge wino, a gin & diet tonic isn't gonna kill ya in calories. :drinker:

About 65 I think. :bigsmile:
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Although I'm a huge wino, a gin & diet tonic isn't gonna kill ya in calories. :drinker:

Shannon.... :smooched:
  • Shannon023
    Options

Shannon.... :smooched:

Everyone loves the enablers. :blushing:
  • sabes2631
    Options
    i didnt know that!
    Interesting. I will start to think of that on my second glass of wine...
    Now for tackling the wine munchies...

I have cut down to weekend drinking... just a couple of social drinks...
    :drinker:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I think one day a week is a good plan. I used to drink every night and now it's probably less than one day a week.

This is a good opportunity to explore other things you can do with your husband after the kids are in bed that's even more relaxing. See how many calories to add for sex topic.
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I think one day a week is a good plan. I used to drink every night and now it's probably less than one day a week.

This is a good opportunity to explore other things you can do with your husband after the kids are in bed that's even more relaxing. See how many calories to add for sex topic.

Sometimes I'd rather have the stiff drink instead of the stiff hubby. hush.gif