Question about water...

Options
What equals water? Can I drink sugar free kool-aid in place of it? Or flavored water? I know coffee doesn't count, but what about tea?

I just hate water!!

Replies

• AlienBaby
    Options
    I'd also like to know :\
  • countryrunner
    countryrunner Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Personally I only count water as water. If it's one of those days that water just doesn't sound good I add a slice of lemon or two for some flavor.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    It's best to get regular water in but if there are no calories or caffeine in it you can count that as well. Try herbal teas, adding lemon and/or cucumber to water and chilling it, etc. If you're not going to drink water, just get in enough fluids like that. :)
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    tea counts if it's decaf. i use luzianne decaf tea and have for over 30 years. it's great and if you don't tell someone it's decaf, they'll never know. you can add crystal lite to water, lemon, etc. It counts as water if you can't do just plain water.
  • Nlbrooks76
    Nlbrooks76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use the true lemon or true orange to my water when I think I can't drink anymore. I also found drinking ice cold water is better tasting.
  • hollyyoung71
    hollyyoung71 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I always look at it this way... would you rather flush your kidneys out with something pure like water or something with processed products?
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I always look at it this way... would you rather flush your kidneys out with something pure like water or something with processed products?

Good point Holly!

Thanks for the tips - ugh!! :)
  • Tupelo64
    Tupelo64 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Make it a challenge! a check off, chart, number your bottles..In the am say I am going to drink 3 glasses today.. or 2 bottles, etc. Add flavorings, lemon, lime,etc. , try it cold, try it at room temperature, Slam it.. pretend it is a bottle of beer and you are 17.. and jug jug jug.. every time you cuss or think negatively take a gulp, watch your favorite tv show and drink heavily during commercials.

if you stick with it.. you will eventually crave it .. yes crave it. I used to hate water too now when I am really thirsty the only thing that satisfies me is water. The less sugary drinks you drink the less you will crave them.

Try to get it out of your head you don't like water.....just remember, every time you put water in your body your internal organs are working easier, you'll be flushing the nasties and toxins out of your system, and it will help keep your metabolism up - when you think of it that way it's easier to want it!

Now go have a drink of water lol :)
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Okay, you've convinced me. Water is water!
    thanks!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    the only thing i count as water.. is water.
  • mrjason
    mrjason Posts: 61 Member
    Options

if you stick with it.. you will eventually crave it .. yes crave it. I used to hate water too now when I am really thirsty the only thing that satisfies me is water. The less sugary drinks you drink the less you will crave them.

My daughter will be 3 in April. She craves water, loves it. Juice, milk, pop, thumbs down. It's all water for that kid.
  • leigh33ca
    leigh33ca Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of water but also decafinated free herbal teas. I make mine weak and add nothing to it. I also love ice in my water and at times I will add lemon slices when I remember to buy one.
  • Sadroc
    Sadroc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    According to nutrition.org.uk and webmd coffie does count as water intake. Other site agree also.
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Just drink it! You can do this.
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Sadroc wrote: »
    According to nutrition.org.uk and webmd coffie does count as water intake. Other site agree also.

They've probably already found their answer on this 7 year old thread.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I count all liquids that I drink as water. I went from drinking next to nothing to about 10 cups a day. I get it down whatever way I can.
  • ckdprevent
    ckdprevent Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    For medical purposes it is all considered water. But straight water is best or water with fruit. But medically to get to your desired 8 or for me 12 it can include all beverages.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Love the necro threads this time of year.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Love the necro threads this time of year.

Yep!

Anyway, to answer the question from 7 years ago, I don't see the point of counting my water, but then I also don't understand not naturally drinking sufficient water (or not liking water). That water is something people worry about always strikes me as a waste of energy (but maybe it burns calories!).