ANGRY

Why do I have a non existant will power. I have been so good the last two days but put something "bad" in front of me and I cannot resist!! :explode:

Replies

• Why do I have a non existant will power. I have been so good the last two days but put something "bad" in front of me and I cannot resist!! :explode:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Why do I have a non existant will power. I have been so good the last two days but put something "bad" in front of me and I cannot resist!! :explode:
    You will have your bad days. JUst pick it up the next meal and go forward not looking back.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    We all have those moments. Sometimes I have will power, sometimes I don't
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Will power is over rated. You have to have patience and train yourself. If you insist on having something "bad" try eating just half a portion.

Most of the people on here are having to re-wire their brains when it comes to food. Nothing is "bad", you just have to know the difference between a choice and a better choice. And how much to eat of each.

:flowerforyou:
  • I know exactly how you feel, I have been at this eating clean and exercising thing since Dec. 2006, after the birth of my daughter. I just recently got to the place where I can get through a week and eat as planned. What has helped me is planning a weekly cheat meal. At first it was a cheat day and I was able to eventualy scale it down to a cheat meal. Though this has helped I still fall off sometime. What you have to do is not become discouraged and like someone else said pick it up from the next meal. It is all about doing "better" and as long as yuo do better you will begin to see small changes that will give you the will to do even better. :smile: :smile:
  • HollyAnnH
    HollyAnnH Posts: 81 Member
    you can't be "good" all the time. Just get back on that horse and keep going! :bigsmile:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Why do I have a non existent will power. I have been so good the last two days but put something "bad" in front of me and I cannot resist!! :explode:

Because you are human. I have better will power when I set myself up for "eating healthier" rather than cutting out foods. If I eat junk, I log it, account for it and own it.

Own the food you ate, and change up the next meal, drink water, and workout!
  • Cheer up buttercup! :flowerforyou: You've got to think of this as more "long-term." So you had one "bad" day. Realistically, you're still eating better than you were before you started tracking you foods and exercise. And you've got to find something that works for you in the real world. If someone told me I could never have _______________ (insert food or drink here...) I would crave it constantly. So I started off making small changes... Everything in moderation! :drinker: So hang in there and don't beat yourself up! :wink:
  • I know how you feel. I went to work last night and there was cake, cookies, and cinnamon rolls sitting there. I work at an assisted living center and I so I threw it away as soon as I got there so I wouldn,t be tempted. There are two things I do when I am tempted:
    1. I think of the one person that I want to show how good I look when I get skinny again and I think about how good it's gonna feel when they see me.
    2. I tell myself ok you can have that treat but you have to go do 30 minutes of cardio first. Most of the time when I'm done doing the cardio I don't want the treat anymore and Iif I still want it at least I won't feel quite as bad. :)
    Good Luck and I know it's hard but you can do it.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    I think the key with some people is not elimination BUT Moderation.
    Try playing a GAME with your so called BAD foods.
    If someone gives you a piece of Doudle Chocolate Cake. Take it and cut it in half.
    Put half to the side and eat the half in front of you... Then wait.. 20 min... This is the time that it take most people to register that they are full. Meaning that the food... whatever it is...Needs to work its way through your blood stream. Now if after 20 minutes you are still HUNGRY then you might consider eating more.
    You might also want to see if One or two bites of the "BAD" foods works too.
    You might also want to consider that you are not drinking enough water.
    Hungry people are often thirsty people. If water does not do it, try tea.
    If you are craving something sweet. TRY to stay away from DIET sodas!
    The caffine mixed with the fake sugars will make you HUNGRIER!
    This has been proven through Science. Now I am aware that this last statment might get some neigh sayers. I KNOW very well that this is not the case with some people... I am one of those people... BUT for MOST people, Diet soda makes you more hungry.
    --Diann...
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Fergie, I'm with ya. Let's do this together. I'm just starting out so I need help too. I blew it last night too and the numbers keep going up. I'm very depressed these days. I go away on a free trip this weekend and know the damage will be bad. Hang in there....
  • Will power is over rated. You have to have patience and train yourself. If you insist on having something "bad" try eating just half a portion.

Most of the people on here are having to re-wire their brains when it comes to food. Nothing is "bad", you just have to know the difference between a choice and a better choice. And how much to eat of each.

:flowerforyou:

I couldn't agree more. I don't think will power is what we need. All will power does is make us feel like failures when we cave on something. No one has will power 24/7.