Waking up ready to eat.

Options
Does anyone besides me ever take a nap in the afternoon and wake up wanting to eat? And I don't mean just a light snack- for me, chocolate usually sounds good or something sweet, and not just one little piece either. And what's your solution if you have that problem? No naps?

Replies

• Motivation10101
    Options
    I'm the same way!
    My solution is: before I even get off the couch or out of my bed, I chose a healthy snack that I will eat. That way, I'm not jumping off the couch and searching for anything with chocolate!
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I make a cup of coffee....some splenda and a little milk, and I'm good to go. Takes care of my "hunger" and its sweet too.
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS need something sweet after a meal. Anybody else? I find two dark chocolate hershey kisses seem to do the trick :smile:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I usually have coffee when I wake up. Then I'm not ready to eat for a couple more hours.
  • tschram12
    tschram12 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love my naps, I only get a few hours a night sleep. So I look forward to my naps. I have a huge sweet tooth but its anytime not just after waking up.lol.... To be honest and this works for me. I stay below my calorie limit everyday, but I eat what I want I just have to plan. I try to make better choices. Like instead of getting the snickers bar or eating 2-3 donuts I will get a 3 musketeers (less fat and 260 in calories. I love ben and jerry's cherry garcia ice cream, but instead of that I get the cherry garcia frozen yogurt. I make better choices, I plan ahead, I eat what I want, moderation is the key. This is what works for me right now. Im losing weight but when I stall I will rearrange how I do things. Good luck to you, and your journey. ( Just so you know I do not do this everyday,) But I cant feel like im depriving myself so if I am craving it, I will eat a little bit. This is why this way of life is working because im not eliminating foods.