What's your biggest secret dieting tip

Options
2»

Replies

• miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    The secret is there is no secret. Keep to tried and true principles. Eat right and exercise right and you will get results, period. Stay away from any gimmicks. Use your intuition. Keep your mind's eye on your final goal and stay disciplined.

Excellent advice!
  • corkienee
    corkienee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    slimfast shakes; yummy, nutritious, and fills you up. I typically drink one and eat a piece of fruit or vegetables (~100cals)
    eff all that motiviational jibberish (haha, its important too) just keep cal's low throughout the week and you'll lose lbs/kgs. logging cals has really helped me.
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Don't diet. Change. You have to change your thinking on food, how much you eat of the not so good stuff, what is the good stuff, and what your body needs to function at peak performance. You don't have to give up anything. You can still have cake and cookies occasionally, you just have to modify your thinking for the day. Take it one thing at a time, make small changes every couple weeks until they are your new habits. Jumping in at the deep end will only get you wet and pizzed off and you jump out again.

Good Luck!

Ditto.
    Realize that you are changing your lifestyle not going on a quick fix diet. Know that you can't avoid your favorite foods forever...sometimes you have to indulge (in moderation). Temptation is always going to be there.

Most importantly: you have to WANT to change. And know that progress won't come through desires alone. You have to work hard. Make up you mind to succeed and never give up.
  • Ldspill
    Options
    OK...Lots of good advice out there and I think the best is still, "don't call it a diet"! If you go "on" something, you can go "off" so it has to be a lifestyle change. I'm new to the community but I have been yo-yoing for a good 40 years. My family is all huge, I'm considered the "peanut" and by doctors standards, I'm obese. I was (and will be again) a sports nut. Last week I decided I wanted to be like that again. I gave up soda (of any kind) and dropped 6 pounds immediately. Then I started walking, another 2 pounds. Now I have put my exercise ball in front of the TV and I bounce, roll, figit...whatever, another pound. In one week I have dropped 9 pounds and it doesn't seem like work at all. My grandkids think I'm nuts but I seem to have more energy for them now too. Walk, dance, figit, stand....just don't sit whenever possible. A body in motion, stays in motion. Good Luck Everybody!