NEW...ish

Options
Hello all,

I am a 22 year old soon to be college graduate and really feel that now is the time to get my life on track. I have been overweight my entire life and reached my heaviest around the holidays. After a good long cry I decided to stop pitying myself and do something about it. I managed to lose some weight on my own and then I found MFP. I have been using this site for about two months now and have lost an additional 20lbs since then! However, I am starting to drastically struggle with motivation. So I felt the best thing that I could do, would be to FINALLY introduce myself and find a good network of people who can help me on this long and incredible journey. I would love to return the favor. Good luck to everyone out there on obtaining your goals and being healthy.

Replies

• GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I hope you're getting all that I've gotten out of MFP so far! I love the community here & the encouragement! I love that we're all here for the same reason & that we can all "help" each other by giving support to one another. It's awesome!
  • NguyenTJ
    NguyenTJ Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Smart move. Its amazing how big a lift it is to see one of your friends give you a "WOOT" when you were under goal for the day or comment on a work out. The support here is GREAT reading the boards and knowing that I'm not alone in ANY struggle I have is has been key in keeping my head above water.

Its a long... winding... hilly road, but with the right shoes (support) you can make the trip with out too many blisters ;)

You have to be able to motivate yourself too...
    Have you taken a picture of yourself recently? - you should.. and then pull one out from the holidays and see the difference. It is hard to see day to day changes because you SEE yourself everyday.
    Get some goal jeans too (maybe more than one pair depending on how much you want/need to loose)... see the gap between the sides of the fly get smaller and smaller... try them on every couple of weeks or every 5lbs lost.

Feel free to add me
    United we shrink... divided we gain it back
  • mrjason
    mrjason Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Funny, she doesn't look Newish. (Sorry, I had to!) :)

I love this goal, it's the same as mine "Buying clothes at "normal stores" instead of "heavy people stores"
    You've got a friend here!