Lose Over 100 lbs together

Options
Hi l'm Marie 45 yrs 259 lbs 5ft 7 tall .....need to lose over 100 lbs to get down to 150 lbs.......having a hard time with losing it.....need a few friends who are in the same situation needing to lose alot like me........anyone?

Replies

• bouncybobbie2011
    bouncybobbie2011 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i know how u feel....im 5'0 and i really need to loose some weight and hope to get people to help me and give me some support
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am 30 and also 5'7'. You are almost in an identical position as I was/am in. I started at 251lbs and I am currently at 178. I started August 4, 2010 with this journey. I have faith you can do it. Once I made my mind up this time, I haven't looked back. My goal is to get to 150lbs and then I will see how I feel and go from there. Good luck to you!! :flowerforyou:
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    Hi,

I'm almost in the same situation.
    5'7, 40 years, and some 100 lbs to lose.
    As I'm using metric measurments, it's always a guess (I'm too lazy to look it up).

I started in August and am down a bit already, give myself until summer '12 to be down all the way.

MM
  • noneh1
    noneh1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    me too- over 100. How did this happen ? oh well, guess we know the answer to that. I started 1/1/11 & lost 5 so far. if
    I can do this 51 more times ( 2lbs wk X 52 weeks ) I will be close . Good luck to all of us this year. Aloha
  • noneh1
    noneh1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :glasses: :glasses:
    me too- over 100. How did this happen ? oh well, guess we know the answer to that. I started 1/1/11 & lost 5 so far. if
    I can do this 51 more times ( 2lbs wk X 52 weeks ) I will be close . Good luck to all of us this year. Aloha
  • abreb21
    Options
    Hi MARIE!! I am in the same situation I used to weigh less than my current weight now but i know we can do this.. its hard at first but if we stick together as a team it can be done.. good luck!!! :)
  • zowie717
    zowie717 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat, Just add me as a friend and we can help each other. I lost the weight before years ago but after 4 years I gained it back. So i am back onto my journey. I am getting married in 4 months, so I want to lose some now and continue my journey through the rest of the year! over my goal is to lose 90 pounds. I lost 10 pds last month, stopped my journey and now i am back to it. we all need encouragement!!! Share with me and I will support you right back!!!! we can do it!!!
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm 41, 5'7'' and started on here at the end of september 2010 with a weight over 350 lbs. I've lost 40 lbs so far.

It nice to have support around.

I join a group called H20 and it's the 2nd challenge that I'm doing with them and it's fun and full of supportive people. If you want you can join. Right now we have a challenge to lose 7 lbs before Valentine's Day. The challenge is called H20 Seriously Sexy Seven Pounds of Valentine's Day. Everyone is welcome!

We can be friends if you want!:wink:

Chantal :flowerforyou:
  • dragonfirepride
    Options
    Hey Marie! I can relate! I'm 19, just had a baby in August & I can finally work on loosing my weight (had a c-section then gallbladder surgery two months after) because my body is finally healed. :] I started last week & have lost 5 so far. I'm currently at 220. We can do this!!
  • NguyenTJ
    NguyenTJ Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey Marie - and everyone else!!

I'm Tonya - 35 - and need to loose 107 MORE pounds to reach 150. I've done several "diets" in the past and would loose 20-30 punds then flat line. I am on board with the life change that MUST happen to get me active and not have anymore moments of crying in the back seat of a car when my young child says "Move your fat out of the way so I can buckle" This was last year... i was devistated. I toyed with the idea of weight loss surgery of some kind... of joining weight watchers... it all boiled down to money. I was so excited to find MFP... in fact, I am in love with MFP even though I'm still new and learning. I'm about 1/2 way to my possible flat line and already feeling the "what if it is the same this time" blues. I just try to push that aside and keep going forward.

I have the less calories thing down pretty good.... but sodium is the enemy. I haven't worked myself up to attacking that yet. I need to get more consistant with exercise as well. Its like I KNOW what needs to happen... but the application is for an apple and I'm a PC.

Here's to us all :drinker:

Please feel free to friend me. I often don't have much time do do much posting... but hope to change that and get more involved in the community of things here.... now if I could get my husband to measure things out when he cooks (but not stop his cooking when I complain)
  • akmay23
    Options
    I am also trying to lose 100+ pounds. I had done Weight Watchers last year and lost 50 pounds in 6 months. This was such an awesome accomplishment for me, but when the weather got colder and the compliments from people about my weight loss wore off, I fell off the wagon, and kept telling myself I would get back on after the next slice of pizza. That never happened, and I've gained 30 of the 50 pounds I worked so hard to lose. I am going to try and work really hard at this again, and finally give myself the life I know that I deserve. I am new to MYFITNESSPAL and hope to get the needed motivation and encouragement back that I lost months ago. It seems it is always easier to do it when you have the support of others in the same situation! :wink:
  • foxy_chick
    Options
    Me too!!

Im 5ft 7 and am currently weighing in at 230lb (ish) I am officially starting on tuesday and am hoping to lose 100lb over my journey!! Im weighing in twice a month - 1st and 15th to take the pressure off a bit and working those inches away!!!

Feel free to add me as a friend and we can all do this together! x
  • blujay81
    blujay81 Posts: 6
    Options
    I just started on MFP. This is my first week. My current weight is 288, which is a number I'm growing to despise, and I need to lose a little over 100 lbs. I'm 5'10. It's going to be a long HARD journey, but it's good to know that other people are in the same boat as me.