Baked egg rolls YUMMY

Options
I made 2 batches of these eggrolls in the last 16 hours. I can't seem to keep them in the house. Everytime my hubby walks passed the ones colling on the baking sheet he "steals" another.

You need:
one package of Dole coleslaw
1/4 lb ground pork, turkey or chicken pieces (or none at all if you wish to just have veggie rolls)
4 tbls Kung pow Chicken sauce
garlic powder...to taste probably 1 - 2 tblsp
cayenne pepper... to taste 1-2 tblsp
a package of eggroll wrappers...they should be by the coleslaw or tofu in the store.

Put the coleslaw mix in a microwaveable bowl, cover with plastic wrap and cook in microwave for maybe 3-4 minutes. take out and drain.

fry 1/4 lb of meat of choice till done...I mixed pepper and garlic powder to it when frying.

when the meat is done, dump the drained coleslaw mix into pot with the meat and add 4 tablespoons of kung pow chicken sauce, cyaenne pepper and garlic powder to it and fry for like 2 minutes... you dont want your cabbage to get too soggy. Take out of pot and let cool in your microwaveable dish for a few minutes.

Spray your cookie sheet lightly with PAM.
Preheat oven to 350-375

roll eggrolls...
I used 1/4 cup of mixture per eggroll. the pork batch made 13, the all veggie batch made 11.
place on cookie sheet. when finished rolling spray the top of the eggrolls with the PAM spray... LIGHTLY.

I baked mine normal for about 10 minutes then put under broiler for maybe 10 minutes per side. But my oven is total crap. keep watching them when they are under the broiler, when the corners start to get brown flip them. When the other side starts to get brown... they are done.

The pork came out to be 93 cals per eggroll.
The veggie came out to be 73 cals per eggroll.

You can also add any other veggie that you like to these!

And they are to die for. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cassidystreasures
    Options
    funny because i made homemade egg rolls yesterday! I had made them a few weeks ago and froze the extra stuff. I did pork roast, and brown rice in mine with the veggies
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Sounds good... How are they on calories/nutrition?
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Wow those sound great! And a very decent calorie content :D My hubby loves egg rolls too, might make them tonight as a surprise to him! :D
  • sweetpea_73
    Options
    Sounds good... How are they on calories/nutrition?

If made the way I did then the pork will have about 93 calories in them and if you omit the pork it will be around 73 calories.
  • mochasmommie
    mochasmommie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I made these yesterday. They are tasty... I wish my hubby would share them with me. I put them in the freezer tonight. Hopefully they are just as good reheated. Also, to those of you with a 'decent' oven, 10 minutes under the broiler (on one side) is a bit too much. Keep an eye on them. Of course, maybe I just had mine too close. I caught them before they burned. Oops! (I'm not much of a Betty Crocker at times). I am going to try them with chicken next time! :-)
  • SweetToothMelissa
    SweetToothMelissa Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    YUM sounds great...thank you!!
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy, I'd like to try it. My broiler's not working right, can I just cook them in the oven? How long do you cook them and at what temp.?
  • bevpulse
    bevpulse Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. I want to try these.
  • carollane
    carollane Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    sounds really good!!! I am going to try them this weekend
  • mochasmommie
    mochasmommie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You could probably just bake them at 375 until they begin to turn golden brown. I froze my egg rolls and actually thought they tasted better reheated. Try them, you'll like them!
  • iknowicaniknowican
    Options
    bump sounds yummy !!!!!
  • rowennahathaway
    Options
    these sound awesome! I live in a crap little town with a crap little store and wonder if you can tell me what is in the dole coleslaw mix so I might attempt to make it myself??
  • tluttrell
    tluttrell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'll be making these this week. Thanks.

Are you sure about the amount of cayenne pepper? Just checking.
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    bump:bigsmile:
  • chelledepriest
    Options
    Bump! Sounds great! Thank you!
  • elizwelshman
    Options
    I just made Pizza Egg Rolls the other day!! Love Egg rolls, been on an egg roll kick lately.
    Tonight I am going to make egg roll desserts (cannoli & apple pie Mmm Mmm).
    Who would have thought egg roll wrappers were so versatile & you could bake them instead of frying!!!
    Thanks for the post, always love new recipes :smile:
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try these! Yum!!
  • spatticus
    spatticus Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kbrob14
    kbrob14 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    What is Kung Pao Chicken sauce? I looked at wal-mart and was not able to find it- is there anything I could substitute?