A few pounds to go....and BAM!

Options
Anyone else having trouble with the last few pounds? I seem to get a few pounds from my weight range goal, and all of a sudden my weight jumps back up a few pounds! I'm not sure if my body is fighting me, or if I'm sabotaging my own weight loss with unconscious eating/nibbling when I get this close.....

I am 3.2 lbs. from the high end of my 5 lbs. goal range of 120-125 lbs. I am striving for the low end, but I seem to bounce back up when I get down this far. Very frustrating!

I'd like a thread where we can encourage each other and challenge each other to make it all the way to our goals....To break through the last few frustrating pounds and reach our goals!

Replies

• AkBUTLER
    AkBUTLER Posts: 107
    Options
    Same here :grumble: Im 6 lbs away from my mini goal and it seems if I skip a workout or go over one day I gain a lb back. Its so so frustrating!!
  • Xanadar
    Options
    I have always found that monitoring your blood sugar levels helps to lose those last few stubborn pounds. Keto sticks, available at any drug store are great for doing this. A google search should show you how.
  • tgburkert
    Options
    I have been struggling with my last five pounds for an embarrassing number of weeks now. I seem to drop weight pretty easily until I'm within five of my goal weight, then I just bounce all over the place. I considered changing my goal weight from 120 to 125, but that feels cheap and easy. At 5 feet, 4.5 inches, I feel confident that 120 is a solid, healthy weight for me. I am determined to lose it, and will gladly cheer you on as you struggle to lose your last few. It will be worth it!
  • spaboleo
    spaboleo Posts: 172
    Options
    Sounds to me as if the body gets used to the high rate of weightloss.
    If you suddenly stop from on day to another your metabolism, which got trimmed to diet before, gets confused.

See it as an athlete, who runs distanes about 4000meters or so.
    After the start (zero pace) you will run the first laps quite fast, but still moderate, because you are keeping in mind that there are more laps to go. In the last lap you try to give everything and even increase your pace on the last meters to win the race. :smile:
    After crossing the finishline you won't stop on the point...you will steadily decrease your speed until your body is ready to stop.

I succeeded best, when I fell below my goal-weight for a few pounds.
    Steadily working back the diet (eating more calories or exercising less) steadily, because you body needs this slow process to accomodate. Because you fell below your goal-weight it is not a problem if you gain back a few pounds.

Holding weight can sometimes be even tougher than dieting and loosing pounds :smile:
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I know that for me, my T.O.M. is a real stumbling block.....I get so close, and then T.O.M. hits! I gain back 3 lbs. or so, thinking it's all water, but it takes me the rest of the month to shed that weight!

But, I see what you're saying, Spaboleo.....We shouldn't slow down or treat ourselves until we're over the "finish line" and past our goal(s). I think that's something that I do without even thinking: Get so close and then have an extra few bites of something without counting it. A few bites here and there certainly do add up!