Success Story or Vanity Sizing?!?

Options
tn2010
tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
I have been a size 12 for as long as I can remember (except for the 14's and 16's after my 2 pregnancies). I went to the GAP today to try on size 10's because my 12's were too big. I ended up needed 8's, and even a 6. What?!? Has their sizing gone off the charts, or have I lost more weight and inches than I was aware of?!?

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    i think you need to take this as a success story not necessarily for the size 8's or even the size 6 as every stores sizing is different but because you have lost 27lb and have definitely dropped a dress size at least and have earnt it x
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's B & A pics time for you my friend!
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Mmmm this makes me want to shop at the GAP :laugh:
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Forget the sizing, it is a success story since it sounds like you are smaller than you have been in years!! And that is defnitely something to celebrate.

But sizes have gotten bigger over the years. I love being able to say I am a 10/12, but the reality is that's what I wore 20 years ago when I was 40# lighter than I am now.
  • KMill84
    Options
    First off, GREAT JOB! For me Gap has always been smaller compared to other brands. I haven't been able to shop there since I was 16 and skinny. I know that men's jeans are usually 2 sizes off. I'm sure women's are probably the same. If I were you I'd still count it as a success. Fitting into smaller clothes is always great!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    If you've built muscle and burned fat then yes you can weigh more because it muscle takes up less space for the same lb. ;)

Great work! I'm sure that was a shocker.
  • butterflyfaerie
    butterflyfaerie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Had a similar experience myself. When clothes shopping I normally buy the biggest size they have, but went shopping for some new clothes on Friday, and found myself fitting into the next size down, sometimes 2 sizes down!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!