Coconut water

Options
So I had my first coconut water after some helpful posts on the benefits of drinking it.
And let me just say... it tastes like butt! It may be good for ya, but damn! Not a fan :P

Replies

• Dancer4Lifee
    Options
    Bahaha I agree it tastes like crap.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I like it. I hope that doesn't mean I like the taste of butt or crap...
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Was it cold? It has a salty type taste because of the electrolytes, but I in no way think it tastes like butt.

Not that I've tried butt, but you have? ;)
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Wow. I've never tasted butt! At least now I know that if I ever need to know what butt tastes like I can drink coconut water! ;) (I do mix my protein powder into unsweetened coconut milk but that tastes like dutch chocolate. Definitely NOT butt like!)
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    It was the pure Naked 100% coconut water. I can tolerate it just for the positive benefits but somehow not as tasty as I thought it might be.
  • fmouco
    fmouco Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    LOL I am Brazilian, soooo, I've been drinking coconut water since I was born!

I guess it is something you get used, at least it happened to me with sashimis (I tried is when I was 18, I hated at first, but now I love it).

But I confess I am not an average person in terms of food, I don't have any (an I mean it) problems with food, if someone tells me it is food, I eat it LOL

Good luck with your coconuts!
  • fmouco
    fmouco Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Oh, forgot to ask you if you have a natural market where you can buy the real thing. The canned or boxed coconut water is completely different from the real icy cold coconut we drink at the beach (and compared to the real deal, ok, you are right, it tastes like butt).
  • cytrus
    cytrus Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's because that one tastes nasty. try it directly from a coconut, or there's a brand at some asian supermarkets that have the juice frozen. Make sure it doesn't have added sugar. The frozen one tastes like you just cracked a coconut open. :)
  • cytrus
    Options
    i don't find that the real one tastes like butt, lmao. Maybe my tastebuds are off. . .
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I recently just tried some, forgot the brand but I hated it too! I love coconut so I thought I'd love it...boy was I wrong!
  • Dancer4Lifee
    Options
    I like it. I hope that doesn't mean I like the taste of butt or crap...
    bahahaha i love that
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    if you add some vodka, ice and sugar it helps :)
  • SouthBayJ
    SouthBayJ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I recently tried "Vita Coco" coconut water. Actually, I've tasted all their flavors (pomegranate my fav). I found that for me they taste the best when really cold and somewhat slushy (like a frozen margarita). Especially after a good workout. Maybe you can give that a try.
  • fattymcgoo
    Options
    There's a brand called O.N.E. that makes coconut water with splashes of fruit juice- pineapple, guava, mango...you might try those if you don't like the taste of it plain! I know Whole Foods carries them.
    I swear by coconut water; I always drink one half an hour before going for a run, and the potassium boost helps me run longer without cramps and muscle fatigue. And during the work day it's a better pick-me-up than coffee!
  • cytrus
    Options
    i usually throw it in my smoothies
  • cytrus
    Options
    i usually throw it in my smoothies