Chocolate cake or brownie recipes?

Options
eating4balance
eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
I need any healthy chocolate cake or brownie recipes that are delicious. PLEASE AND THANK YOU

Replies

• xxjessikatxx
    Options
    bump
  • cerferchick
    Options
    1 box of devils food cake mix and 1 can of diet cola. mix it in a bowl, pour it in the pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean. i know it sounds kooky but trust me, it's tasty and super moist.
  • cerferchick
    Options
    ... i have a brownie recipe too, but it's not as simple so i have to find it.
  • anorton45
    Options
    Molten Brownie Bites (from the 400 calorie fix cookbook)

1 box (20 oz) Ghirardelli double or triple chocolate brownie mix
    2 eggs
    1 egg yolk
    1/4 low fat mayonaise
    1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 24 cup mini muffin pan (2") well with cooking spray, covering the insides of the cups and the top of the pan.

Place the brownie mix in a large bowl. Beat together the eggs, egg yolk, and mayonnaise in a small bowl with an electric mixer on high speed for 2 minutes. Add to the brownie mix, along with butter.

place the better in the muffin pan, filling each cup to the top or to slightly extend above the top. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the top surface is just cooked and inside is still soft.

Immediately and gently remove the brownie bites from the pan using a tablespoon and serve.

Nutrition:
    1 serving = 2 brownie bites

Calories 300
    total fat 15 g
    Saturated fat 8 g
    Sodium 200 mg
    carbohydrates 38 g
    Dietary fiber 1 g
    Protein 3g
  • anorton45
    Options
    Molten Brownie Bites
    Prep time 5 minutes/cook time 10 minutes. Makes 12 servings
    1 serving = 2 brownie bites

1 box (20 oz) Ghirardelli double or triple chocolate brownie mix
    2 eggs
    1 egg yolk
    1/4 c. lowfat mayonnaise
    1/2 c. unsalted butter, melted

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 24 cup mini muffin (2") pan well with cooking spray, covering the insides of the cups and the top of the pan.

Place the brownie mix in a large bowl. Beat together the eggs, egg yolk, and mayonnaise in a small bowl with an electric mixer, along with the butter.

Place the batter in the muffin pan, filling each cup to the top or to slightly extend above the top. Bake for 10 minutes or until the top surface is just cooked and the inside is still soft.

Immediately and gently remove the brownie bites from the pan using a tablespoon and serve.

Nutrition:
    300 calories
    Total Fat 15 g
    Saturated Fat 8g
    Sodium 220mg
    Carbohydrates 38g
    Dietary Fiber 1g
    Protein 3g

Note: The picture shows a brownie bite opened on a plate with a pudding like center oozing out. It won't be a typical brownie, thus the molten in the name. The inside is supposed to be like a pudding consistency.
    From the 400 Calorie Fix Diet cookbook.
  • anorton45
    Options
    stupid thing, posted it twice. lol
  • anorton45
    Options
    Chocolate Chocolate cake
    Prep time 5 minutes/Cook time 25 minutes. Makes 16 servings

1 1/4 c. all purpose flour
    3/4 c. sugar
    1/4 c. unsweetened dark cocoa powder
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 c. buttermilk
    1/4 c melted butter
    2 large eggs
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 c mini chocolate chips
    1 Tbsp confectioners sugar (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9x9" baking pan with cooking spray

Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. Whisk together the buttermilk, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Add to the flour mixture and stir to combine thoroughly without overmixing. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour into a prepared pan.

Bake for 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a rack. When cool, dust the top with the confectionars sugar, if using.

Nutrition. 1 serving= one 2 1/4 x 2 1/4" square

Calories 140
    Total Fat 6g
    Saturated Fat 3g
    Sodium 135mg
    Carbohydrates 22g
    dietary Fiber 1g
    Protein 3g
    Calcium 4%

From the 400 Calorie Fix Diet Cook Book.
  • eating4balance
    Options
    Chocolate Chocolate cake
    Prep time 5 minutes/Cook time 25 minutes. Makes 16 servings

1 1/4 c. all purpose flour
    3/4 c. sugar
    1/4 c. unsweetened dark cocoa powder
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 c. buttermilk
    1/4 c melted butter
    2 large eggs
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 c mini chocolate chips
    1 Tbsp confectioners sugar (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9x9" baking pan with cooking spray

Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. Whisk together the buttermilk, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Add to the flour mixture and stir to combine thoroughly without overmixing. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour into a prepared pan.

Bake for 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a rack. When cool, dust the top with the confectionars sugar, if using.

Nutrition. 1 serving= one 2 1/4 x 2 1/4" square

Calories 140
    Total Fat 6g
    Saturated Fat 3g
    Sodium 135mg
    Carbohydrates 22g
    dietary Fiber 1g
    Protein 3g
    Calcium 4%

From the 400 Calorie Fix Diet Cook Book.

Thank you, that sounds delicious!

Maybe I will even replace the butter with some applesauce or pumpkin to make the calories even lower.
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    1 bx sugar-free cake mix
    1 can pumpkin puree
    2 egg whites

Bake per directions on box for 13 X 9 pan. Batter will be very thick and hard to spread, try to get it even in baking pan.

12 servings, about 130 calories a piece.
  • eating4balance
    Options
    1 bx sugar-free cake mix
    1 can pumpkin puree
    2 egg whites

Bake per directions on box for 13 X 9 pan. Batter will be very thick and hard to spread, try to get it even in baking pan.

12 servings, about 130 calories a piece.

My main problem is that I can't get to a store... lol... so I can't buy a cake mix. No matter how much I want to! :) Because I love pumpkin and chocolate cake. Thanks!
  • anorton45
    Options
    Irresistible Brownies

35 minutes to make. 8 servings.
    305 Calories per serving.

1/2 c. unbleached all purpose flour
    1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted if lumpy
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1/8 tsp salt
    2/3 c packed dark brown sugar
    1/4 c canola oil
    1 large egg + 1 large egg white
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/4 c miniature chocolate chips
    1 c chopped walnuts

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8x8" or 9x9" baking pan with cooking spray.

Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.

combine the brown sugar, oil, egg and egg white and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Pour into the flour mixture and stir until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts (the batter will be stiff)

Spread the batter in a thin layer in the prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until firm at the eges and a wooden toothpick inserted off center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Place pan on a rack to cool completely. Cut into 8 bars.

From the Flat belly diet cookbook.
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Devil's Food Cake

Stir the espresso granules into the same measuring cup you use for the hot water and you won't have to use more than one bowl.

Yield: 9 servings (serving size: 1 cake square)

Ingredients
    Cooking spray
    2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
    5 tablespoons butter
    1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa
    1 cup packed dark brown sugar
    2 large eggs
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    3/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup hot water
    1 teaspoon instant espresso granules or 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
    1 tablespoon powdered sugar
    Preparation
    Preheat oven to 350°.

Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray, and dust the pan with 2 teaspoons flour.

Place butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave at high 1 minute or until butter melts. Add cocoa, stirring well with a whisk. Add brown sugar, stirring well until mixture pulls away from sides of bowl. Add eggs, 1 at a time, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Stir in baking soda, vanilla, and salt. Lightly spoon 3/4 cup flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Gradually add flour to bowl, stirring just until blended (do not overstir). Combine hot water and espresso. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until blended.

Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into squares; serve warm or at room temperature.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    221 (33% from fat)
    Fat:
    8.2g (sat 4.7g,mono 2.5g,poly 0.5g)
    Protein:
    3.5g
    Carbohydrate:
    36g
    Fiber:
    1.7g
    Cholesterol:
    65mg
    Iron:
    1.9mg
    Sodium:
    225mg
    Calcium:
    36mg
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    Fudgy Brownies

Yield: 16 squares (serving size: 1 square)

Ingredients
    4.5 ounces all-purpose flour (1 cup)
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/3 cup butter
    2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
    1 cup granulated sugar
    1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 large egg yolks
    1 large egg
    Cooking spray
    Preparation
    1. Preheat oven to 350°.

2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, cocoa, and salt in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.

3. Place butter and chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at HIGH for 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds. Stir until smooth, and set aside. Cool slightly. Add 1 cup sugar, milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, egg yolks, and egg; stir with a whisk to combine. Add butter mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Pour batter into an 8-inch square metal baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    Fat:
    6.1g (sat 3.6g,mono 1.5g,poly 0.3g)
    Protein:
    2.3g
    Carbohydrate:
    22.4g
    Fiber:
    1.3g
    Cholesterol:
    47mg
    Iron:
    1mg
    Sodium:
    73mg
    Calcium:
    15mg
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY BARS WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE & ALMONDS
    Serves 16

INGREDIENTS:

2/3 cup SMUCKER'S SUGAR FREE jam (suggested: raspberry or strawberry)

1 (21-ounce) box brownie mix (recommended: Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge)

3 eggs ( 1 whole, 2 egg whites)

1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce

1/4 cup water

1/2 cup white chocolate chips, melted

1/4 cup chopped salted almonds

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9 by 13-inch baking pan with fat free cooking spray.

In a small saucepan, stir the jam constantly over low heat until pourable, about 1 minute. Set aside.

In a large bowl, blend together the brownie mix, egg, egg whites, apple sauce, and water. Using an electric hand mixer beat for 1 minute on medium speed. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Spoon the jam over the top of the brownie batter. Using a small spatula, swirl jam into the brownie batter. Bake for 27 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted about 1-inch from the edge of the pan comes out clean.

Spread with the melted chocolate and sprinkle with salted almonds. Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool.

Cut into 16 bars and store airtight in a plastic container for up to 1 week.

RESULTS:

This recipe makes for a very simple, beautiful dessert. I couldn't get over how well it turned out! Although I have been eating and cooking lean for some time now, I still know what "real" desserts and other dishes taste like (Yes, I have my splurges. It's all about balance). And with that being said, I really couldn't see how anyone would be able to tell these bars were made with apple sauce instead of oil and sugar free jam instead of the real-deal. And let's not forget how we cut the cholesterol content of the eggs by using only one whole egg, but using just the whites from the other two. Yet, with all those changes, the turnout was still a delicious, semi-homemade dessert that is fit to satisfy every chocolate-lovin' sweet tooth.

ENJOY!
  • TonysMiss
    TonysMiss Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the "No Pudge" brownie mix? I find it at Trader Joes.
  • eating4balance
    Options

Sadly no, because I do not have a Trader Joe's or a Whole Foods Market within 100 miles!!!!
  • TonysMiss
    TonysMiss Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    oh man! I'll mail you some! haha
    I think the others sound delicious as well but these are just so dang easy! Some nonfat vanilla yogurt is all that's needed.....if I remember right! Now, I'm going to have to go buy some! = )
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I read a post here that said 1 box of chocolate cake mix, 1 can of pumpkin pie filling, and 2/3 cups of water. Bake in a cupcake tin according to instructions of the cake box! They swear you can't taste the pumpkin (I haven't tried it yet) but it's pretty true because pumkin isn't a strong flavor! :) I don't know the calories but the pumkin does add some veggie to your diet!
  • angdan31
    angdan31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

It's also at Kroger's
  • princesschikee
    Options
    I'm curious.....what makes this healthy?