Options
Hi im new here but not sure if im gonna stick with it,i think ive set myself an impossible task here,never been able to stick to a weight loss plan before and doubt i will now,anyway if there is anyone out there that would like to be a friend (as i dont have any in the real world) then please dont hesitate to get in touch.Thanks Sam.x

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place. Everyone here is so supportive. It will work. You need to stick with it and have faith and you will see positive results.

You can add me as a friend.
  • llstrength
    llstrength Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You have to look at it as a lifestyle change more than a diet! You can do it! I feel so overwhelmed sometimes, but everyone here is so supportive. I feel like I get more support from my friends on MFP than I do from my friends and family that I've known my whole life. We're here for you!

I'll add you!
  • BakingGranny
    BakingGranny Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It makes me sad that you feel fat ugly but mostly unloved. Let us love you. But even more,take a look at the product God has given to you on a loan. Your 3 children. Look at them and you will see you. Your blood runs through them. You NEED to be the example for them. When I weighed 320 lbs,my husband told me he's love me if I weighed 500 lbs. But I didn't love me either. Losing the weight didn't do the trick. My mind did. You must look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself how special you are. Even if you don't believe it. One day you will train your mind to go to a different setting. I feel for you. But you are at the right place. Let MFP support you. Gather only the positive. Leave the negative. We will love you on here regardless what mistakes you make along the way. God bless you child.
  • mandymak
    mandymak Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi... I've found this site to be extremely helpful. I had been using another site and found this one on the apps portion of my smartphone. I am so happy I did. This site helped me to calculate "workable" goals that produced results. It's also great because I can "take it with me" via my phone and also connect with a great community. Stick with it... it's a lifestyle change more than a "diet." Best wishes!
    Mary Anne
  • RichB77
    Options
    Hi,

You are defnitely in the right place, it's all about focus and if you want to do it, you CAN!
    I've lost 18lbs since joining MFP this year, and i've already met some amazing people on here. The food and nutrition pages are also a biiiiiiig help!
    Once you start reporting exactly what you are eating, it will no longer be a diet, more of a lifestyle change.
    However, you need to focus a bit more on the positive, and your user-name is a tad negative. Change it to something like "hopes and dreams" or "i can do it" and you will be on the right road.
    Good luck on your journey :drinker:
  • mandykasase
    Options
    That's true, we are here to learn what food we should eat and what activities we should do to get the body we want and be in good health. I don't follow some strict regime, i simply think about what i put in my mouth and how much. I still eat the things i like just not all the time and i fit in some fun activities inbetween. Feel free to add me and we can take the journey together. This site has some awesome people.
    Wellcome!
  • Mike429W
    Options
    Hi, everyone! My name is Mike and I ran across this site yesterday. I've been on Weight Watchers too many times to count, lost weight and gained it back after I stopped the program due to the expense. My wife is also going to do it with me which is a good thing. Nothing like a little moral support.

I have a quick question, though. This program says I'm supposed to eat 1850 calories. Am I sopposed to eat exactly 1850 or come as close as possible? What if I go over a little bit?
  • traceyblt
    Options
    Hi there, you need 2 start loving yourself, there are loads of people on here who feel the way you do, i certainly have many days where i look in the mirror and call myself all sorts of names, but you,ve come to the right place. I,ve never stuck 2 any diet until i found this site. The people here are very supportive and we all have our "down" days but we help each other through it. I,m sure you can do it, u can add me as a friend :)
  • JoanCG
    JoanCG Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi, everyone! My name is Mike and I ran across this site yesterday. I've been on Weight Watchers too many times to count, lost weight and gained it back after I stopped the program due to the expense. My wife is also going to do it with me which is a good thing. Nothing like a little moral support.

I have a quick question, though. This program says I'm supposed to eat 1850 calories. Am I sopposed to eat exactly 1850 or come as close as possible? What if I go over a little bit?

Hi and welcome.
    I try to come as close to my calorie goal as I can and sometimes I go over. Most days I don't get there because for some reason since I am eating better, I am not as hungry has I use to be. I think it is really a kind of guide or suggestion for you to help you lose weight. Your caloric intake numbers will go up when you track your exercise too.
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    Hello, I just started this last week. I found the app. on my phone and now spend lots of time on the website ;) The first 2 days I went over my calorie goals. It is a lifestyle change, so it does take time to get use to. I stayed under the rest of the week and lost 3lbs. Yay me! I think we all know what we should be eating, like more fruits and vegetables and whole grains. This site keeps you in line and once you start seeing how those calories quickly add up, you start making better choices. Exercise has to be part of your weight loss plan. Even if you only start out 10min a day. It is a start and then you build on that. I have 72lbs more to go and that is going to take lots of work and lots of support from others. This site is the best thing I have ever used to help with weight loss. Good luck on your journey. All of you can add me as a friend :flowerforyou: We can do this, together!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    OK girlfriend you need to think of this a little different. You need to look at this as a "Lifestyle" change first off. The word diet refers to what you eat and there are all kinds of diets out there, You have junk food diets, veggie diets, meat & potatoes diets, etc., etc., etc.,

When you go to the store to shop for food, read the labels. Make healthier chooses on what you buy and not only will it benefit you but your whole family. And yes, when you first start doing this it will take hours to shop until you learn what to buy and what not to buy. Next, everyone in your family can eat what you eat. You will lead by example because I'm sure you do not want your children to go through what you are going through right now. You will be lying the foundation for them to live a happier, healthier life which is an awesome thing to do as a parent.

People on this website are posting wonderful recipes all the time that are healthy and taste really good that your whole family will like. Start today and just take it one day at a time. It's taken you 15 years to put this weight on so it's going to take a while to take it back off but it will come off as long as you are willing to make the change.

You will receive love, support and motivation one from the people on this site. Most of use here need to lose weight just like you and there are those how are trying to gain weight and then there are those who have reached their goals and are here to maintain. So never think you are alone because your not.

Now hold your head high because you just took the first steps on a wonderful journey to regain control of your life. Welcome to the family and we are all here for you every step of the way.
  • supenau
    Options
    A new member here also...I look forward to connecting with the other NEWBIES. I have always said if I had all the money spent on diets and fingernails I could have retired years ago. With only 3 years or so left until retirement I guess I had better busy. My granddaughter told me about this site by way of a fitness trainer and I am impressed with everyone's sincerity. Namaste
  • jnetcat
    Options
    hi.....
  • jnetcat
    Options
    :smile:
  • jnetcat
    Options
    :smile: i'm looking forward to this.. i'm also using this application in my phone. This a great help for me to track down my diet.
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me as a friend ,you will really enjoy it on here its the best ,and I have tried so many x
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I took a look at your profile and your motivation concerns me a bit.

Until you are ready to lose the weight for YOU, it is really going to be a struggle. :frown: Losing it as a 'magic bullet' for life's problems is not realisitic and will ultimately not work. Losing the weight for yourself, however, nearly always does.

If you want to address problems in your marriage, that's great--but losing weight is not a cure-all for marital distress. The marital problems should be addressed separately.

If you are ready to do this for YOU, you have an excellent chance of making some lasting changes! :bigsmile:
  • DCskat3r4lfe
    DCskat3r4lfe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard!! keep your mind set and have enough motivation to keep going and finish and anything is possible!!