Message to ME....Stick with it!!!

Options
This past week has been awesome - stuck to my program and due to exercise was under my calories by a few hundred on several days - weighed this morning and I'm up 1 pound :embarassed: - really strange as I can feel a difference in how my cloths feel already!
I won't be discouraged - I know I'm doing good and eating well as my blood sugars are doing good.
My promise to me is to keep it up - this is not about big pounds lost (or gained today) but it's about my journey and working toward a healthier me - a stronger core!
I so appreciate MFP. I don't post often but I do read such inspiritional posts and feel blessed for the support and stories shared in this community! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    It's always frustrating when the scale isn't cooperating!:grumble:

But it's wonderful that you are using some other guages of success: How your clothes fit, how you feel, sticking to plan, etc. !
    :smooched:

You go girl!:smile:
  • TanBeck
    Options
    Dont be discouraged by the one pound up! If youve been doing any sort of strength training then the pound could be from built muscle. I currently have a personal trainer and have lost 4 inches, but gained 3-4 pds. At first I was totally bummed about it until she told me this fact, and after one week off or working out ( our break week) my muscle swelling went down and I feel and look great! I havent stepped back on the scale just yet, but im sure those extra few and hopefully plus are gone!

Keep it up!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Did you take yur measurements? If so, you likely lost some inches and that's almost as good as losing pounds.

The scale can be evil and certainly isn't the best or most cooperative indicator of our successes. I like that you're looking beyond the scale to gauge your success.
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    You should only weigh yourself once a week. Women are crazy! Sometimes we are holding water we have no use for and that will make us a little heavier. Do not be discouraged, keep up the good work, and as long as your clothes are loose you are on the right track.
  • GatorLvr13
    Options
    I weigh myself to much too. It should be once a week, I have to keep reminding myself of that...
  • picturesing
    Options
    Thank you all for the support!!! I realized this morning that I should have done my measurements!!! Duh.....I will today. I know there would have been changes.....I feel it. Yes I have been doing mostly stretching and strength with Yoga - it feel so good! This community is wonderful!!! I've been sharing MFP with anyone who will listen - LOL!
    Cheers to all of us! :love:
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    When you take your measurements, be sure to do it before you exercise. You muscles are bigger, holding on to fluid, right after exercising. I feel like my weight lose has slowed, but several people have told me my legs look smaller. It was then I noticed in the thighs my jeans have loosened up, where they were once kind of tight. It's almost time to go to smaller size, but I have only lost a few pounds this past month.
  • ildi59
    ildi59 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, doing everything right and the scale doesn't move, but I will not give up! Keep going let's do it together!