what r some foods on ur grocery list?

Options
Tomorrow is shopping day and I'm gtting bored with buying the same healthy foods...what r some things u guys get and how do u incorporate them in ur meals? I'm sick of having wraps for lunch, but can only have a cold lunch so I'm thinking that's all I can eat...just looking for some ideas:)

Replies

• iknowicaniknowican
    Options
    I am curious about this also . Cindy :heart:
  • denise980
    Options
    You can make yourself a salad. And then have some grilled chicken. Put your favorite low calorie salad dressing in a separate container, so it doesn't drown the salad before lunch, and then you have a light healthy lunch. Add a yogurt and a water and it's the best!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    artichokes are always on my list I could eat them every single day!
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    A few ideas for lunch could be cereal, cottage cheese w/ fruit and raw veggies on side, cold pasta salad, or just a regular salad.
  • rayfromtx
    Options
    Look over my diary for ideas. I've been doing this for awhile now. I'm on maintenance so the calorie level is much higher than when I was in serious weightloss mode but the foods are mostly the same. I aim for clean and balanced. High fiber and highish protein. I sometimes have a treat at the end of the day if my calories are low.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruits and vegetables
    Low sodium turkey
    Hummus - I mix with greek yogurt to make spreads for sandwhiches and wraps.
    Frozen smoothies - I mix in 2 scoops of protein powder for lunch.
    Kebabs - Publix makes kebabs and I cook them up with cayenne pepper or with mediterranean spices and eat them cold on salads the next day.
    Whole grain rice cups - great for everything.
    Eggs
    Salad mix

Nothing exciting
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Salad mix, that's what I normally take to work. Boneless, skinless chicken breast to add to my salads. Oatmeal to eat for my breakfast. Yea, I am pretty boring I eat the same most of the time. I buy soy chocolate protein for my protein shakes after my workouts. Then before I go to work I normally eat a different meal each day of the week. I know. I am boring. Maybe I will check on here later to see what others post. I write everything down when I eat it then if I feel like it I count my calories on here.
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    I get my produce delivered and buy my meat in bulk from a local farmer's co-op but stuff I that I get pretty regularly includes:

Chicken Breasts
    Pork Tenderloin
    Lean Sirloin Beef
    Eggs
    1% milk
    Greek Yogurt
    Light Cheddar cheese
    Almonds
    Avocadoes
    Bananas
    Apples
    Navel Oranges
    Grapefruit
    Strawberries
    Blueberries
    Mango (for the kids. I'm not a fan)
    Lemons
    Sweet Potatoes
    Turnip/Rutabaga
    Squash
    Zucchini
    Mushrooms
    Sweet Peppers
    Cabbage (a MUST for me -- I snack on it)
    White Linen Marinara Sauce
    100 cal Handi Foods Multigrain bagels
    Rye bread
    Kale (for kale chips)
    Chard/Spinach/Lettuce
    Tomatoes
    Cucumbers (for the kids mostly)
    Carrots
    Flax Omega 3 pasta
    Quinoa
    Oats
    Tofu
    Cereal (for the kids)
    Peanut butter
    Jam (for the kids)
    Baked Tostitos scoops
    Salsa
    Canned beans (Chick Peas, Kidney, Lentils, etc)
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    Right now I am obsessed with Ants On A Log - celery with reduced fat peanut butter and raisins. I usually snack on that, a snack cup of dole peaches in light syrup, and a handful of Pepperidge Farm Whole Wheat Goldfish Cheddar Crackers. I also LOVE the combo of cheese and grapes! Natural colby is the best with red grapes. I guess these really aren't lunch ideas but snack ideas :)
  • b_hobbs
    b_hobbs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How about a pasta salad - whole grain pasta, lots of veggies, maybe some cheese and low calorie dressing?

Good Luck!

Becky
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Low Sodium 1% M.F Cottage Cheese,
    Pineapple
    Navel Oranges
    Bananas
    Celery
    Cucumber
    Green Peppers
    Baby Spinach
    Raisins
    Lean Ground Chicken,
    Lean Ground Beef
    Lean Ground Turkey
    12 Grain bread 'Country Harvest' or Whole Wheat Bread
    Low Sodium Tuna
    Greek Yogurt
    Oatmeal
    Rice Crackers
    Eggs

I'm rather borin' and simple - but it works for me :wink:
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I eat wholegrain bread, canned drained tuna, canned corn, yogurt, tomatoes, onion. You can chop all up, mix and eat it, no cooking! If you dont like fish, you can use some chicken breast ham instead of tuna. Or use cucumber instead of tomatoes/corn.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    2 things I've been eating recently are crackers with light soft cheese, and cucumber on the side (absolutely yummy with the cheese) about 300 cals ish for about 6 crackers with cheese.
    Also for more of a main meal, chicken 150g, pasta 50g, grapes, orange segments, (possibly raisins / sultanas in the future for me) and light mayo all mixed together, really filling and yummy, lots of protein from the chicken, usually about 45g in total and about 500ish calories. I sometimes also make a bit more so I can take to eat elsewhere like work when I get hungry.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Use a blender and put all of your favorite fruits in it to make a smoothies. They have slim fast in vanilla moca flavor. You can have some carotts & celery w/ light ranch dressing which will fill u up or just make a turkey and cheese w/ light mayo. Goodluck to you!
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Quinoa salad, (clean eating recipe)
    Assorted raw veggies and a small can of tuna sometimes with Melba toast
    Using one of those short fatter Thermos brand thermoses I pre-warm it, and over heat some soup, and by lunch time it is usually still too hot!
    Where I work there is no microwave, and I have to get creative to stay on track.
  • tahoemads
    tahoemads Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    plum tomatoes
    garlic
    parsley
    white beans
    olive oil
    feta cheese or parmesan (a touch)

cut tomatoes in half, scoop out insides. roast them at 350 until a little shriveled. in food processor blend cannelloni beans, olive oil, garlic and parsley. fill tomato, top with a tiny bit of parm or feta and pop back in oven to warm.

oat bran
    raw walnuts
    berries
    almond milk

(this is breakfast)

parsnips
    sweet potato
    carrot
    celery
    tomato
    shallots

toss in a little olive oil.

chop and roast in oven at 350. when serving, top with nonfat plain greek yogurt (mixed with fresh lemon juice and scallions). it's an oh-so-good veggie dish!

my staples are:
    raw almonds or walnuts
    quinoa
    brown rice pasta (only once or twice at week)
    red and orange bell peppers (great, sweet snack)
    spinach
    almond or organic nonfat milk
    berries
    tuna
    fresh salsa

hope some of that helps!
  • jen4health
    jen4health Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with 1 cup of frozen berries. The berries will be thawed by lunchtime. When I'm ready to eat, I add 2 tbls of granola to it and enjoy.
  • aprilmssmith
    aprilmssmith Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I eat potato salad for lunch a good bit. 1 potato, 1 egg, 1 tb dill relish, 1 tb fat free mayo, salt and pepper to taste.
  • sue3612
    Options
    Just made myself a lettuce wrap ... its amazing ... yummy ....

Today basket include the items below ...

Butterhead lettuce
    ****ake mushroom (love this as it has a texture of a meat .. and its low cal !)
    Tofu - definitely high protein ...
    baby carrots ...
    Lean chicken

Stir fry lightly with a pasta sauce and then wrap it with the lettuce ...Lovely ...

My other lunch box items include of the heart warming comforting Chicken mixed veggies Oat porridge Love.