Help Japanese Dinner Calories?

Options
Tonight we ate at one of those Japanese Hibachi style places... they do not have calories listed on their website.
I am terrible at estimates calories; I am usually way under or way over so I am looking for someone elses opinion

I had 3 pork dumplings (deep fried)

About 6 shrimp ... maybe 5 or 6 bites of angus fillet mignon.... maybe 5 pieces of chicken
and half of a serving of fried rice.

I really tried to only eat until I was no longer hungry ... and I left half of my plate (my BIL took it home)

What would give for calories? I am sure it is high in sodium with all of the soy sauce...

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I just generally look up the food item and choose the one with the highest amount of calories to be on the safe side. That's what I did when I went to the buffet and it seems as though I chose the correct ones, considering how much weight I gained.
  • maffydavison
    maffydavison Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Since you asked in the comments, I looked on other sites for calorie counts. The following is the nutrition info on 3 pork dumplings (fried) from dailyburn.com

Serving Size 3 pieces
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 338
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 20.7 g 32 %
    Total Carbohydrate 24 g 8 %
    Protein 13.0 g 26 %
    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs

There are so many versions of fried rice - vegetable, chicken, pork, ... and the calories are different for each, but this site has a list of a ton of them. http://caloriecount.about.com/tag/food/friedrice

Hope this helps. I think Anubis609 gave good advice. Just guesstimate, and you should get close enough.

~Maffy
  • kimeister
    Options
    Yep, google is your friend when MFP doesn't have the NI. It's a great resource. Also, you can try the site for the restaurant itself. Most have their NI online.
  • sincitylulu
    Options
    Just guesstimate. I would much rather over estimate calories than underestimate.