HRM???

Options
Okay, so I bought a sportline 925 hrm and I am not satisfied because I'm not much of a walker, more of an elliptical and exercise dvd type of gal. So I was wondering if any of u have any suggestions as to a hrm that counts calories other than when just walking. Something around the $100 or less mark.

Replies

• elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have the Sportline SX. It has three different settings...one of which is the Calories burned during workouts. it also has the "laps" setting for walking. It was definitely under $100...I think around $65 or so at Walmart.
  • Swilson87
    Options
    Polar FT4! You can't go wrong. It has everything, and you can find them on ebay, amazon, online, and instores for 70-89 dollars.
  • mrsjcmyles
    mrsjcmyles Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Would it work for swimming as well?
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    So it only counts calories for walking? I don't understand how they can make one that only counts one sort of activity. So weird!

I have the "Timex T5G971 Unisex Sports personal Heart Rate Monitor Watch" and like it. It ranges from $30-$60 depending on where you buy it. Try Amazon
  • mrsjcmyles
    Options
    Polar FT4! You can't go wrong. It has everything, and you can find them on ebay, amazon, online, and instores for 70-89 dollars.

So it tracks when on the elliptical and when swimming too?
  • Swilson87
    Options
    The Polar FT4 is also water resistant. A LOT of your fellow MFP'ers have one.
  • Boomerof51
    Boomerof51 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just bought a New Balance HRM at Target for $65 with a chest strap. Also says it's good for swimming. Has all the settings you'll need.
  • mrsjcmyles
    Options
    So it only counts calories for walking? I don't understand how they can make one that only counts one sort of activity. So weird!

I have the "Timex T5G971 Unisex Sports personal Heart Rate Monitor Watch" and like it. It ranges from $30-$60 depending on where you buy it. Try Amazon

Yeah, only when walking, and I don't walk a lot (I can't stand walking in the cold and summers here in Maryland get really hot). I love the elliptical,dvds, swimming and bodypump. I did try it while on the elliptical and the calories burned was extremely low and inaccurate. I tried it while doing the 30 day shred and got the same results.
  • mrsjcmyles
    Options
    The Polar FT4 is also water resistant. A LOT of your fellow MFP'ers have one.

Does it have a chest strap?
  • Swilson87
    Options
    mrsjcmyles, it is wonderful. You have settings withing the watch that allow you to put age, height, and weight. So you can adjust as you go. It does have a chest strap that transmits to the watch. So no matter what the activity, it tracks your heart rate. The water resistance allows you to swin also. Trust me you'll love it...
  • mrsjcmyles
    Options
    Thanks, all your help is appreciated! I think I'll go to the store now, and take this one back (hopefully they will) and go get the polar :happy: .