glucosamine chondroitin

Options
Anyone use this for knee pain? My knees really ache but don't want to stop exercising. What I have say take 3 tablets with food. Do you take one with 3 different meals? Any side effects? Has it worked for you?
Thanks

Replies

• runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    I started running last year and had problems with my knees due to a career of Carpentry. I talked to a Pharmacist at the CVS by my house and he recommended Osteo-Biflex and said I would notice a difference in a week and after a month I should be fine. He was right. I have been taking it daily with one meal and have absolutely no knee pain. My scale measures bone density and it has gone from 7.3 to 8.0/8.1 since I started taking it. I run 7 miles a day and walk 2 miles to cooldown/extend the burn/ soflen my calves and swear by this stuff. Others on here have tried it based on my testimony and report the same results.
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I started taking glucosamine chondroitin about 6 years ago. Initially, I had to take it for about a month before I had a reduction in my knee pain. I take it twice a day along with omega 3 (supposed to lubricate the joints). When I first started the recumbant bike, I could only handle 30 seconds before the pain was too overwhelming. Now I manage an average of 120 minutes a day. If I get sloppy and forget to take for more than a day or two, I notice. It has made so much difference in my life.
  • apfeiff
    Options
    So I am a vet assistant, which I know is a whole different category than people, but I will share what I know. This is a highly effective supplement for joint pain. No known side effects.
    As far as the frequency, I understood that it is best given twice daily. So if it says 3 tablets daily with food, I would do 2 tabs at breakfast, and 1 tab at dinner.

Don't know if I'm much help....
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CoachsWife4
    CoachsWife4 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My dad was a faithful user of this stuff until he finally had to have his knees replaced. He said it REALLY made the pain better. Also, something like a flax seed or fish oil might be good to also help lube the joints! GOOD LUCK!
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, going to give it a try! $3 coupon in today's paper!
  • msmindyf
    msmindyf Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to get on this as well since I am doomed for bad knees if I don't take some sort of preventive measures. I will certainly look into the Osteo Biflex the next time I am at the drug store.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Osteo at Walmart is the cheapest. About .25 per day. I use the triple strength and there is one with Vitamin D added as well. Triple strength is two pills per day and the single strength is 4.... I think.