Questions about the 30 Day Shred Video

Options
I've seen a lot of people post about the video and loving it so that got me motivated. I got the DVD just recently and want to start it up tomorrow. For the people that have done it already and have had success, did you do anything other than the video? Or was that your main workout. I want to get great results and if there are any other tips out there I would appreciate if it you shared. :smile: I know eating better is always one of them but just seeing if there is anything else to add. Thanks!

Replies

• TrinityPixie4
    Options
    I haven't done it yet but I plan on doing Tae Bo along with it, so I will being two workouts in a day. Although the plan for Tae Bo it includes rest days, so on those days I will 30DS and play a Kinect game (either BL Ultimate Workout or Kinect Adventures). I hope this helps.
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    This is a great workout! I started it at the first of last year and tried doing the full 30 days only my knees gave me issues (the jumping) and I had to stop and rest. Started back after a while and alternated it between my Tamilee Webb workouts and got stronger. It really helps with your endurance. I never did the full 30 days straight but I do still do the Shred workouts and just mix it in with my other workouts. Some people don't have any issues and can do the 30 days straight. My muscles got stronger and now it no longer bothers my knees. All I can say is I look worlds different than I did last year.
  • buffalogal1979
    buffalogal1979 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    It was the main workout for me when I did it. I loved it. I just kept to my calorie goals. I will say that I don't think it added to the weight loss as much as it helped tone and firm. But I loved the results. I still go back to it now and then when I need a short workout or something different.
    HTH,
    J
  • triciary1223
    Options
    With rare exceptions, I don't exceed my calories, and I do my "regular cardio" with it at least 4/5 days per week. I do the elliptical 30 minutes OR run 3 miles OR do the "stair master" 25 minutes. I'm on day 10 of the shred, and going to start "level 2" this week. I've lost an inch around the middle already. Using my HRM, I burn 150 to 170 calories in the 25 minutes (including the warm-up) on level 1. Good luck! :-)
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    How exciting! im on L1D4 so far and im already seeing results...i been really watching what im eating and im doing extra time to do 20-45 min walks a day...i think the more moving the better results you get...thats just my opinion.
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Oh, and if it ever feels too easy just up your weights. You'll definitely feel it then.
  • JulieWulie81
    JulieWulie81 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 7 for me doing 30 day shred (level 1 so far). I have been doing shred in conjunction with 30-60 minutes of other cardio exercises (elliptical, treadmill, stair mill, etc) to increase my calorie burn. I wore my HRM the first few times doing shred and I only burned 150 calories - not bad for 20 minutes of working out- but not enough so I can really eat more food and still remain within my calorie goals for weight/fat loss. So, you have to figure out your goals for your fitness and how many calories you want to eat everyday and go from there. Good luck!
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I mainly used just the Shred do to lack of time. I'm on my last 5 days and have lost 10 pounds and 3 inches in my hips and 2 inches in my waist.
  • TealStar13
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice! I want to lose at least 5-6 pounds by March 30th. So hopefully 30 day shred with give me great results. :) Also, some said that it didn't help with the weight loss... did it help with inches more? That's kind of what I'm getting from some of the replies. Either way it seems it helps and losing inches is always awesome as well. :)