30 day shred AND treadmill?

Options
I have been using the treadmill every day for a 30 minute 2 mile walk/run. I just bought the 30 day shred in hoped of changing things up and toning things. My question for those of you who have it..do you do in it addition to your other exercise? Do you do in in a combination of some sort, or do it alone? I am hearing it can be very brutal..lol. I love the treadmill, and dont really want to give that up, but I also am not sure I have time to devote an hour a day to both. I am not trying to use that for an excuse, I suppose I should MAKE time?

Replies

• twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I do both...however the Shred includes a cardio component.....you could do 30 min on the treadmill and then the 30 min Shred....

I alternate using the Shred to every other day...I like to keep mixing it up!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    My advise would be to see how you go with the shred and add in the treadmil if you have some energy left afterwards! When I first did the shred it was all I could manage, but after the first full round I found myself wanting to do more. So now when I have the time I either do 2 levels back to back or one of Jillian Michales other dvds which are longer. Or you could do the shred and treadmill on alternate days to start with.
  • Kacy
    Kacy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I used both when I did it.
  • JoanCG
    JoanCG Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi boobee, and good luck with the 30 day shred! I am on my 4th day on level 1. I do the shred in the morning and then later on in the day I do another round of exercising like walking or aerobics. A lot of people I have talked to just do the shred and have been satisfied with it.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I did both. I would do the Shred first then hop on the treadmill.
  • pocketsam
    Options
    Hiya,
    Tomorrow will be my final day of the 30 day shred. I have not missed a day. I did 5 days of L1. 10 days L2. 5 days L3 then mixed and matched it.
    Along side this I did either a Zumba class, her 6 week 6 pack dvd or burn fat boost metabolism dvd, an extra street dance session, Free weights and just recently took up swimming.

I am a dance teacher so I am used to being active but you do have to switch yourself around and find time to do it...like getting up at 7am. I have b4 and throughout/after pictures that you are welcome to look at plus blog.

You just have to find the right level for you! :) I know the people that I have shredded 'with' have all added extra into their days. Best of luck with it!! Lots of people do this shred so I am sure lots of people can share their thoughts and options. Just listen to your body :)
  • Sarah101010
    Options
    That's exactly what I do. 30DS (I am in the middle of level 2) and then 20-45 minutes on the treadmill as I feel 30DS isn't enough by itself. It's very challenging, but too short. Good luck and have fun!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I love my treadmill too and I always used it b fore shredding, its an extra way to burn more cals, if ur up for it do it!
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Im on L1D4 of the 30 day shred and im doing it in combination with any where of 20-45 minute walks. it all depends if your body will be up to that extra push and able to handle it.
  • ejsmith7
    ejsmith7 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I did the shred and elliptical together. But see how you feel, you might find the shred wears you out at first, but after a few days you might be able to add the treadmill to your routine. Good Luck!!
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    So...I did the treadmill for 35 minutes, then decided to try the 1st day of 30 day shred.....OMFG!! Is all I can say...Geez, I knew it was going to be hard...but wow...it was!! I managed to get through level one, although I did have to stop a few times..and I can not do more than 5 pushups at a time....but not sure I will be able to do with the treadmill every day..I will just have to see how it goes. I may wake up tomorrow unable to move..haha...I sure sweated my fair share..
  • 1983Miller
    1983Miller Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yes you probably will be sore tomorrow, you are using new muscles again! I was so for 3 days after my 1st day of Shred. Then I tried it again and again, by by 4 time I was not tired or sore anymore after and I even added in 20 min of treadmill to that workout. Go gradual and it will get easier I promise!
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am doing it in addition to my regular sessions at the gym.