Newbie Alert

Options
Hi All,

This is my first day here; my big bro recommended this site to me. If anyone has any tips on accelerated weight loss I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Replies

• audacity08
    Options
    Greetings! Welcome to the group. This is my second day and I am super excited about getting my health on track. I hope to use this site (and members like you) to keep that excitement and reach my goal of a healthier me.
  • SkinnyMissy1
    Options
    Hi, I have lost 16 lbs in 6 weeks. I think I am doing quite well since joining this site 6 weeks ago. Just stick to your calorie goal and get cardio in!
  • jeromy75
    jeromy75 Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm excited about this too. Today is my first actual day to kick this in gear. I wish you well.
  • BASICSfitness
    Options
    I am super excited to see all the new faces and I can appreciate that you are interested in losing weight and doing it rapidly. If I could impart one bit of advice it would be to take your journey at a moderate pace. Too often I see people who want to lose weight rapidly back heavier than when they started or they never lose the weight at all. Make sure you set realistic expectations and know that if it takes you a little longer to reach your weight loss goal it is okay, it's just that much more time you spend making healthy choices.
    The two biggest problems that I find with individuals that attend our Weight Loss Camps is too high of expectations...they watch the biggest loser and expect to lose 10 lbs per week. Truth be told, I will not accept them into the weight loss camp if this is their expectation as they will be disappointed and most likely quit. We advocate a healthy balanced, realistic weight loss formula. The second biggest problem we see is that when people lose weight rapidly 90% of the time they put it back on. Your weight loss journey should be about a lifestyle change not about the latest or fastest weight loss "diet". If you approach your weight loss journey as a change of lifestyle it won't matter if it takes you a little longer because you are changing your life not just trying to hit a number.
    Good luck on your journey.
    Cheers,
    Craig
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Hi All,

This is my first day here; my big bro recommended this site to me. If anyone has any tips on accelerated weight loss I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Don't worry about accelerated as much as changing your habits to keep it off!
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I have been trying all kinds of diet stuff. Nothing worked, until I fouind this site. I have been lossing a 1 -4 pounds a week. I want to get to 135. How ever long it takes me. I have a big trip girl trip in April coming up. SO I'm hoping I can get to go down a size by then.