Options
HIII My name is annie i just started here and i need to lose at least 65 lbs i am trying to join the airforce and need to be 160 i have a ways to go but its hard for me to resist not eating just one more cookie. I just recently moved to new jersey so im doing this on my own and really need some motivation any suggestions???

Replies

• mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Welcome....Commit to logging in EVERYDAY and LOGGING your diary will make a big difference...You can see exactly what you are putting into your body...for me if I go over I know why and what I ate and it helps me to even it all out better. If you also have friends on here helps alot! I know I am a accountability friend and I have some....When you get started cookies arent the enemy, the whole bag is...Dont make it in your head that you cant have it cause then you will feel you need it. Moderation is the key..if your within your calories eat the cookie and log it in....Moderation is key...but keep in mind you may be giving up a snack like a banana or an apple for later on that day....again Welcome!!
  • sweetlilgiggles
    sweetlilgiggles Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I always remind myself that the craving is really over once you have that first bite, so I allow myself one or two cookies, maybe three depending upon the serving and calories. That, and I have a pair of pants that a friend of mine gave me that serves as my visual motivation. They're a size 18 and what I want to fit into again, and they're hanging up on my door so I can see them every day. Just remind yourself that you're making a healthy decision and put down that cookie! Oh, and eating fruit helps too, since what you're really craving is the sweetness, which fruit has naturally! :)
  • sweetlilgiggles
    sweetlilgiggles Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome....Commit to logging in EVERYDAY and LOGGING your diary will make a big difference...You can see exactly what you are putting into your body...for me if I go over I know why and what I ate and it helps me to even it all out better. If you also have friends on here helps alot! I know I am a accountability friend and I have some....When you get started cookies arent the enemy, the whole bag is...Dont make it in your head that you cant have it cause then you will feel you need it. Moderation is the key..if your within your calories eat the cookie and log it in....Moderation is key...but keep in mind you may be giving up a snack like a banana or an apple for later on that day....again Welcome!!

EXCELLENT advice!! I hope you don't mind if I add you...that was very well put!
  • andrewferk
    Options
    It may be a change in lifestyle, but use all the tools provided with myfitnesspal. Record your food intake and the calories you burn with exercising. My girlfriend found it really motivating to buy a heart rate monitor. I find it useful to read books or listen to audio that discusses diet, exercising, and your health and wellness in general. Surround yourself with friends that enjoy eating healthy foods and exercising, and are happy to encourage you on your potentially challenging and long journey. Set realistic goals (1 to 2 pounds a week).

Good luck!
  • fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    eat more fruit and veg, enter your food intake on the website daily and check out the success stories on the message boards regularly and good luck - you don't really need that biscuit !!.
  • jenngarza
    jenngarza Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello feloow newbie,
    The motivation has to come within yourself. Last year when I started my journey I was at 220lbs when reality struck me. I was trying on a pair of jeans size 18 and couldn't zip the sucker up that is when I found myself staring at myself in the mirror. I never realize how much weight I gain. I guess I was in denial but that day was my wake up call. I started out slow watching what I eat and I started to excercise on the treadmil. Slowly but surely I lost 50lbs and still counting so speaking from experience I know the will and want has to come within you. I hope you do reach your goal and join the airforce.:smile: