Zumba DVDs

4crazykids
4crazykids Posts: 30
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I've been going to the Zumba class at my YMCA at least 3 days a week. My 4 kids all play sports so I know they will keep me busy this spring. I ordered the ZUMBA DVDs from Amazon to do at home. HAs anyone tried them? It looks as fun as the class I go to so I hope it was worth the $.

Replies

• anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    I do my zumba at home (DVD) ...it is so much fun....I loved it.....loved the dance moved too...
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    I have a zumba dvd and LOVE it I do it at least 3 times a week and look forward to doing it - the best workout dvd Ive ever done :)
  • Great! Can't wait until the Fed-Ex guy drops it off this week!
  • lableo
    lableo Posts: 15
    I have the Zumba for the Wii. Does anyone know if the game is similiar the DVDs? I have been thinking of buying the DVDs b/c I have a feeling its more of a workout and variety.
  • tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    I do it on ps3 love it good workout and does not even feel like u r working out a very good high calorie burn in a short time to if u r crunched for time
  • catwoodard
    catwoodard Posts: 22 Member
    I just got my zumba dvd's last week and have loved them. With my HRM, it shows that I burn around 400-450 calories in 45 minutes.
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    I have both..i prefer the zumba on the wii..its more fun
  • if you ordered the ones with the sticks they have a beginners DVD that shows you each step one at a time I love it . I took Zumba today for the second time at my YMCA here in NY and I was so lost I figure if I practice the steps at home and keep going to class I'll catch on sooner or latter. :smile:
  • tonyavanwinkle2
    tonyavanwinkle2 Posts: 28 Member
    I've thought about ordering them too. I seen a set of 6 on the Zumba website for $59.99, so $10 each?
  • Mandy the DVD's are a great work out get the beginners it walks you through each Zumba step and move I bought the zumba combo pack with the sticks (they look like weights). I love it got it from Amazon.com for about 50.00-60.00 can't remember but it was worth the money cause you get a variety of workouts plus the beginners.
  • lableo
    @Phyllis - Thanks for the feedback. The Wii game has the instructions (which I always skip) and a beginners level, however the number of dances just seemed limited compared to what I have seen advertised for the dvds. I think I might purchase these next!
    Good luck with and have fun :)
  • lableo
    @catwoodard - what kind of HRM do you have? I recently bought one and found that the calories burned didn't seem close to what I was burning on the eliptical. It was also too big and just seemed like an inconvenience to fool with.
    Mandy
  • My Zumba dvds arrived today! I'm home from school w/my youngest son. I skimmed through all of them and I like how there are so many routines to choose from. The only thing that has disappointed me was the LIVE Zumba, the instructors didn't have wireless mics so you couldn't hear them. Otherwise, I think it will be a great alternative when I can't get to my class or my kids are hogging the WII.
This discussion has been closed.