Considering P90X Looking for opinions

Options
Okay, P90X users. I'm considering investing in this program, but I'm not at an extremely high level of fitness, yet. Does that matter? Are the workouts gonna kill me? Just looking for opinions. :-)

Replies

• OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I suggest to start out with Power90 ...The starter of P90X...

P90X is an Extreme workout & not easy...I'd say go for it. Your body will get use to the workouts...Like any other program out there...
    Best wishes on what you decide :)
  • Coramae09
    Coramae09 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i say go for it! my husband and i do p90x together. i am not in great physical condition at all but the motto of p90x's tony horton is "do your best and forget the rest!" so i just do what i can and each time i find that i can do more and have more endurance. It used to scare me lol as i would watch my hubby do it but now i jump right in there with him and i enjoy it! good luck to you!
  • mdutch1
    mdutch1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My husband and I do P90X together. We just completed Week 4. There is a fitness test you do before you start. I passed everything except the pull-ups. I couldn't even bend my elbows. After 4 weeks, I now do 2 pull-ups. Go for it. Listen to your body. We have taken an extra day off just because we are older and our bodies do not recover as fast as when we were in our 20s.

Be prepared to dedicate anywhere from 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes each day for the program.