A GOOD & HEALTHY SNACK BARS

Options
I'm wondering what would be the best choice in choosing a high protien, high fiber snack bar. I know there's alot of them out there. I have been going with Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Bar it has 140 cal. 4 gms of fat, only 2 gms. of protien but 9 gms of fiber. Any imput or suggestions anyone out there has, I would sure appreciate it !

Replies

• esrufer
    Options
    I actually love all of the Kashi chewy granola bars. They always curb my hunger and are quite tasty with lots of fiber and protein (specifics depend on the flavor).
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I like the pure protein bars. I get a pack of them at Sam's Club and eat one a day as a snack. The chocolate deluxe has 180cals, 17g carbs, 20g protein, but only has 2g of fiber. I find I get way more than enough fiber from other sources so I'm not concerned with that aspect.
  • Kerry19
    Options
    I absolutely love the Alpen chocolate and fudge bars. They're so yummy and only 63 cals :) x
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I really like the Luna Bars!
  • nevilles
    nevilles Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like the Special K protein meal bars. I use them as a meal substitute sometimes.
  • stephaniepill
    Options
    South Beach, Atkins, Nugo, Think Thin are a few I've tried & like them all. I tend to stick with the South Beach, because they're 100 calories. If you're looking to add fiber, I add wheat & oat bran to a lot of things (oatmeal, scrambled egg whites, even in my low cal french toast batter, & hidden in stir-fry recipes :)
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I really like something called Sunbutter bars made by a company called Enjoy Life. They have 140 cals, 3g fibre and 3g protein. They really seem to keep me full. (I also like these because they don't contain any of the top 10 allergin foods, like peanuts, which is important in our house.)
    I also like the Kashi bars because they don't have any high fructose corn syrup in them.
  • dengarrett
    Options
    My wife makes our own:

4.5 cups oats
    1 cup flour
    2/3 cup butter
    1/3 cup brown sugar
    1/3 cup honey
    1/4 cup peanut butter

backe 8-12 minutes

drizzle with
    2 tbsp peanut butter
    1.5 tbsp honey

makes 40 bars at 105 calories a bar

About half the cost of quaker chewy bars
  • Larry1369
    Options
    I'm only eating nature valley almond crunch right now. One of my most important aspects of nutrition is amount of sugar. 6g in them, some bars have 20-30 which is ludicrous.
  • Larry1369
    Options
    Oh, and not eating HFCS at all. If the bars have that they're out too.
  • lahzay
    lahzay Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have to say that cliff bars are really delicious and healthy.
  • Lou05
    Lou05 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the Alpen chocolate and fudge bars. They're so yummy and only 63 cals :) x

these are great i also like the summer fruits one too.
  • gokate1
    Options
    Luna Protein Bars! The "Cookie Dough" and the "Chocolate Cherry Almond" are some of the best things I've ever put in my mouth health wise...LOVE THEM!
    180 calories
    12 grams protein
  • lilscuder
    lilscuder Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    THANK-YOU TO YOU ALL FOR YOUR IMPUT ! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT !
  • pwiggy
    pwiggy Posts: 17
    Options
    My wife makes our own:

4.5 cups oats
    1 cup flour
    2/3 cup butter
    1/3 cup brown sugar
    1/3 cup honey
    1/4 cup peanut butter

backe 8-12 minutes

drizzle with
    2 tbsp peanut butter
    1.5 tbsp honey

makes 40 bars at 105 calories a bar

About half the cost of quaker chewy bars

Thanks the recipe looks great.

I like the quaker chocolate mint bars- They are my substitute for thin mints, those evil little girl scout cookies.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i love the alpen light bars. Not so high protein but high fibre