Second Time Around...

Options
Hello. My name is Ali. This is my second time around going the cal-counting/exercising route. Over a year ago I successfully lost 50lbs with a handheld calorie journal, and walking my kids to and from the nearest park. I was also lucky enough to have an amazingly supportive husband, and a couple of good friends here looking to do the same thing I was. I know how key a support system is. Well, I'm 6 days into MyFitnessPal, and I feel like it's exactly what I needed to get back on track. After hitting my goal of -50lbs, I went right back to my old ways. I tossed the cal-journal, and allowed myself to eat any time I was tired, bored, stressed, etc... and I managed to put back on 10lbs by the time I checked myself. I will not put that weight back on, and as new incentive for myself I have a new goal of losing 16lbs, and reaching a weight I haven't carried since pre-highschool. While I still have my supportive husband by my side, the friends that worked hard alongside me a year ago have been carried away by the wind... or the Air Force really.... I am an Air Force wife, with two small boys. I'm 27 years old, and looking for a support system to keep me going. If anyone is just looking for firends to keep supporting them, add me. I've been through it, and I'm going through it, so I will offer everything I have. Also, if anyone is stationed at Hickam Air Force Base, or lives on Oahu, and would like a workout buddy, that would be fantastic. Good luck everyone.

Replies

• CurriedGrasshopper
    Options
    Hi Ali!

I'm Jenn, 26 mom of 1. This is also my second time around - lost 70lbs years ago and kept it off, but over the last year I've put on another 15-20lbs before catching myself and altering my lifestyle again. A support system is key for sure! I've been here at MFP for a few weeks and have been finding it very helpful.

I sent you a request :)
  • MomOfMikeAndLiam
    Options
    Hi Jenn. Wow, 70 down. Way to push yourself! It's shocking that how much work it takes to lose weight, just how easy it is to put it back on.... Well, anything I can help with, you reach out to me on here, please.