Talapia recipe??

DST513
DST513 Posts: 140 Member
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
Hey I brought some talapia (sp?) for dinner and i need ideas on how to cook with minimal calories. Someone please help me. Any ideas are welcomed!!! Thanks

Replies

• I discovered this blog from these forums and her tilapia recipe looks fantastic to me..I'm going to make it tomorrow!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/04/broiled-tilapia-with-thai-coconut-curry.html
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    i brush mine with a little EVOO and then dip in seasoned breadcrumbs. it always tastes good and as long as you just lightly cover it, the calories are minimal.
  • KaleighL
    KaleighL Posts: 159
    I always put some garlic and parmesion cheese on it with crushed red pepper. And bake it
  • girlofsun26
    girlofsun26 Posts: 140 Member
    I baked mine with a little salt and pepper..then flake them and throw them in a corn tortilla with cabbage, onion and cilantro and a squeeze of lemon juice..:)
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    With just about any fish I'll throw it in a stone baking pan, put some garlic and lemon and cover it with foil. It has a nice natural flavor that way.
  • squeeze some lemon on it with some onions and garlic powder and chopped onions and sautee them thangs girl
  • I make into tacos, i bake it. I put it on rice, spaghetti you name it. i love tilapia!
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    I put tony cacheres on mine, then top with a lemon slice. wrap it in aluminum foil and bake for about 7 minutes or so (depending on the thickness of the fish). You can also season with crushed red pepper or lemon pepper on it and put it on a george foreman grill. then when it's done, sprinkle with lemon juice. can also bake as mentioned above and then top with sauteed veggies.
    panko breadcrums are good on it too.
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    I baked mine with a little salt and pepper..then flake them and throw them in a corn tortilla with cabbage, onion and cilantro and a squeeze of lemon juice..:)

that sounds great!!!
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Tilapia is a very populat fish as the texture and flavor are not particularly strong. Ergo, it pretty much takes the flavor of anything you flavor it with. So, a little Pam, so sea salt and fresh pepper is nice and light. You can add anything from a tomato sauce for an italian-themed fish or you can do parmesan and almonds. There are a ton of great light recipes for Tilapia online. If found 75 different recipes by typing "tilapia" into www.allrecipes.com.

Good luck. I have tilapia at least weekly because of the variety of flavors and because it is light and healthy.

--Carter
  • DST513
    DST513 Posts: 140 Member
    thank you guys for all the wonderful recipe I am going to try one tonight and keep going every time i have tilapia until i have tired all lol. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.