Help! My hair is purple!

Options
I was in a mood and UNFORTUNATELY my hairdresser had an open appointment. I have light brown, mostly blonde hair. I said chocolatey brown with some auburn hints... i have ronald macdonald red and it shimmers purple in the right light...

I called and she said that putting a brown over will mess it up...

Really. Cuz ronald mcdonald hair ISNT a mess up?

So i am thinking of putting a brown semi premanant color wash in over my hair... the natural instinct kind.

Any advice?

I heard dawn dish soap will tone it down.

Replies

• sabes2631
    Options
    I was in a mood and UNFORTUNATELY my hairdresser had an open appointment. I have light brown, mostly blonde hair. I said chocolatey brown with some auburn hints... i have ronald macdonald red and it shimmers purple in the right light...

So i am thinking of putting a brown semi premanant color wash in over my hair... the natural instinct kind.

Any advice?

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    no no no no no
    former hair dresser.
    you can only go lighter, not darker.
    darker will make the purple bolder....

pleae go to a professional......
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice but I just wanted to tell about my messed up hair one time. A few years ago I colored my hair (red) at home but didn't leave the color in the full length of time because I didn't want it to be too red. Instead of doing a test strand to make sure it was the correct color, I just went ahead and washed the dye all out and when I looked in the mirror my hair was pink. I'm talking pink pink. I was horrified!!! I didn't think I could recolor so soon so I had to wear it like that for weeks. To work, out in public everywhere! Pink hair! I never made that mistake again. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    :huh: i hope you didnt pay the hairdresser :indifferent:
  • sabes2631
    Options
    how can I go lighter?
    I spent 170 bucks for a color and a cut. i really cant afford another run there.
    think they will fix it for nothing? How can they fix it?
    Am i stuck as ronald mcdonald?
  • sabes2631
    Options
    can i go lighter?
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    they will fix it for free... most place here do anywyas ... its their mistake!!!! Call and ask!!
  • alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    Options
    Make them fix it for free! If you paid $170 thay should be upscale enough to know they should do that for you. Ask nicely, then if they say no - get nasty.
    I have had a bad color job - it looked like the sun was setting on my head - yellow, orange, red, and black - yuck!, and once the dye washed out the next day. Both times they fixed it for free, and all I had to do was ask nicely then waste another couple hours getting it fixed. Those first and second visits were the only ones I made to those particular salons.
    Good luck.
  • sabes2631
    Options
    ok calling now.
    salon coordinator calling me back.
    going in on sat i think.

i dont want them to think i simply have buyers remorse. i wanted a deep chocolatey auburn. but i have hints of purple and an unnatural red

what can they do to it...?
  • LAPETITERUSE
    Options

Any advice?

She should still be able to do something to tone it down. My hairdresser went too RED once in my highlights and was able to tone it down and then she put a rinse in all over. Of course - she has to WANT to help you fix her mistakes.

Good luck and may I suggest - never trust her to try something new with you as she's obviously unable to pull it off.
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    STOP...do not try to fix it yourself! I know you are not happy with what you have now, but you need a professional to "fix" what you have. Trust me on this one. I was a hairstylist for 7 years, and I have fixed more mistakes than I can count..

Most places (and you paid $170.00 so it should be that kind of place) will fix it free of charge. They may give you a hard time though, because the time you are in the chair for the fix they are losing money.

Good luck.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    They need to get the brassiness out of it with a tarnish remover like a toner. They need to make good on the color and style. Other wise you can report the licensed shop to the BBB in the area and report the beautician who did it.

100% guarentee and make them make good on it...

I am afraid if the color is a pruple hue, going lighter with the wrong shade may burn the hair and scalp and turn pink...