S.B.F. Fitness Challenge. . .September 18. .

Options
Morning!

Today is spinning/weight training day. . .although I'm still sore from weights Tuesday. . .I did this "yoga strength training 20 minute workout" thing from this month's Women's Health and it was sort of a butt kicker. . .I think next time I might just use my 5 lb weights. . .

Did anyone see Gwyneth Paltrow on Oprah? There was this section with her trainer, who said "no woman should lift more than three pounds". . .I sort of wanted to smack her through the television. . .

Also today, water and vits and teaching and dealing with the bursary office (student loan nightmare) and trying to stay away from the afternoon coffee. . .although that will be tough today. . .see "spinning" above. . .

Also, I think I'm going to start the 100 push-up thing. . .I like detailed plans. .. So I'll do my "test" today and report back. (if I have to report back, that means I'll actually do it. . .:tongue: )

Take care of yourselves, ladies!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Today is spinning/weight training day. . .although I'm still sore from weights Tuesday. . .I did this "yoga strength training 20 minute workout" thing from this month's Women's Health and it was sort of a butt kicker. . .I think next time I might just use my 5 lb weights. . .

Did anyone see Gwyneth Paltrow on Oprah? There was this section with her trainer, who said "no woman should lift more than three pounds". . .I sort of wanted to smack her through the television. . .

Also today, water and vits and teaching and dealing with the bursary office (student loan nightmare) and trying to stay away from the afternoon coffee. . .although that will be tough today. . .see "spinning" above. . .

Also, I think I'm going to start the 100 push-up thing. . .I like detailed plans. .. So I'll do my "test" today and report back. (if I have to report back, that means I'll actually do it. . .:tongue: )

Take care of yourselves, ladies!:flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Alright, I did good all day yesterday until my brother came home from the store and gave me a chocolate bar and bought a huge bag of chips. I wasnt going to eat either. But I did. And was thinking "Im gonna take a break! Im sick of trying to lose weight ! I LOVE FOOD TOO MUCH!!" and was just going to do maintenance for a while until we are all settled into our new home. Then I weighed myself knowing my weight would be up... But surprisingly it went down :noway: I guess today I will start over!! I know im slowly slipping! But I know I can do this!! I lasted almost 3 weeks perfectly why cant I now? Sheesh.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Today is grocery shopping day. I must be on a carb kick. All my meals have carbs in them next week! I know that's not good but I do not want to spend another day trying to figure out what to eat! I will try to keep my portions small and make sure I exercise.
    Viv, that's the only way I can stick with something...if it's a plan or challenge. I have enjoyed doing the push ups although I have to admit I've been disappointed that I have had to redo so many weeks. I am going to order my t-shirt soon. I wanted the one that says, "Did the hundred" but I think I am going to get the one that says "Doing the hundred" since it might be awhile yet before I finish. You can post with CP and I (and a couple others) on the thread if you want.
    Carrie, I have a lot of those days that I just love food too much and I want to scrap it all. Just start fresh today! One day, one meal at a time.
    Today is shopping as I said and that's about 1 1/2-2 hours of walking. I may do Chicometrics when I get home. Cheesy video, totally, but I am looking for something light impact today. Alex seems to be acting more "autistic" this morning so we will see how the days goes!
    Hope you all have a great one!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options

So, I guess women shouldn't carry groceries or babies then? Didn't catch the episode, but does anyone think Paltrow has a good body? She looks like a stick to me.

Carrie - everyone has those moments. That's why you should only go with a plan you can stick with for life. Telling yourself you can never have another chocolate bar doesn't work. Telling yourself you can have a chocolate bar on the 23rd, does - at least for me.

I still want to do the 108 sun salutation challenge and the 100 push-up challenge. I'm waiting for a completely healed wrist and stomach - as both of those require a lot of strength in both. I might do a few sun salutations though. I can do it on my fingertips or fists.

Yesterday - walking. Today - biking and walking. Sigh. Tomorrow ultrasound and hopefully will know something early next week.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I will be so excited when I get to 100 push-ups, I think I probably will have to order the t-shirt. I expect it will be a while, though - I'm on week 4 now, and wouldn't be surprised if I end up needing to repeat a few more weeks. MM pointed out to me that the program seems to have changed since we first started, so I sent the guy who runs the website an email to ask why - we'll see if I get a response.

I think Gwyneth is beautiful, but definitely a stick. 3 pounds? That's ridiculous. That sort of talk is why women get the idea that they 'can't' do things - it always drives me crazy when someone assumes that I'm not able to carry my own stuff or help lift something heavy, or when other women don't even try. They'd probably surprise themselves.

Today, I'm getting back on track with walking, running and push-ups.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I didn't do chicometrics today. I did BL power sculpt level 1 and 2. Hope I still burned enough calories to eat what I have planned today!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    OK, so I didn't make it to the gym today. . I was just so tired that I fell asleep and slept through class time. instead I did level one of my new 30 day shred. . .Whoo! Serious business, that. . .now that I'm busy, I'm thinking I'll turn to that fairly regularly. 250 calories in 20 minutes, not bad.

I also did (before the shred, thank goodness) my pushup test. I did 18. So, I think I'm going to start the 100 pushup deal next week.:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Wow, Viv - that's great! You're pretty strong already. And 250 calories from the Shred? I've only been burning about 180. :huh:

I think I may be missing some red blood cells. :laugh: I ran for 30 minutes today, and my average heart rate was up at 156! Last week it was more like 140. My push-ups seemed harder today, too - but I was also doing them slower because I was afraid that I had been sacrificing form for speed lately.
  • JulieB21
    Options
    Hi ladies! Checking in late today. I did Turbo Jam early this morning and then spent the day running errands. Just got home from the Balloon Festival & spent alot of time walking around the city. It was a lot of fun but so windy we didn't get to see the balloons inflate & fly. Maybe tomorrow...

Good luck at the Dr tomorrow Mary-we will all be waiting to hear how you made out.

Viv-I hear ya about the Sculpt-Jillian definately means business!

Nite Nite all! :yawn:
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join in with you guys? I always come on and read your posts like the little lurker that I am, and you are my favorite challenge group! :smile:

I just noticed that discussion has turned to pushups AND the 30 Day Shred- I have just started my push ups (on week 3 now) and just got my Shred in the mail yesterday- tried it out, it was a pretty good burn!

So I thought that if ya'll are going to work on pushups and Shred, and I am going to work on pushups and Shred, that maybe we can all do it together! Because of the time difference (I'm around 17 hours ahead) I find it hard to really get involved with a lot of the challenge groups. But if you don't mind me chiming in at somewhat odd hours, I'd really like to be part of your group! :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Sure barefoot! You can join us! A lot of us are doing push ups and shred right now but we also do a lot of other things. Basically we just post our exercise goals (and any others) that we have for that day. So whatever kind of exercise you want to do.
    I think this challenge is up on Oct 1st, but we always start another goal date after that. I'm glad you are here! The people in this challenge are very supportive and sometimes it seems more like a support group, which I think is what we all need at times.
    Welcome!
    Melissa:happy: