I need all the support I can get

Options
So, I don't normally put myself out there like this but i've decided to come out of my comfort zone. So, please feel free to pass on any words of wisdom you may have.

Replies

• MannAmanda
    Options
    Don't give up. I have to keep telling myself this every day. It will get easier. Or so I hear. Hee Hee You got the support girlie
  • blessedwith3boys
    blessedwith3boys Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    HI Dragon,
    A big welcome! Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and what your goals are? We're happy your here.
  • krissy_pooo
    krissy_pooo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    welcome! :smile:
    my words of wisdom are: log ALL your food! even the little handfuls here and there! you'd be amazed what they can add up to... make friends! I really don't think I could have made this lifestyle change without MFP and the friends I've made so far... Log on here every day! I think if you miss days that will make it that much easier to fall off the bandwagon... Learn to love exercise! I always wanted to change but didn't want to work for it; if you stick with it, it will eventually become part of your life... and most of all, be proud of all the little changes that happen along the way!! every pound lost is one step closer to your goal!! good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • johnporcaro
    johnporcaro Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    In the unforgettable words of the guy whose name I forgot from "The Water Boy," Yoooo can doooo it!
  • Dragon101
    Options
    A little background about myself...I've been a member of this site for a little over 2 weeks. I've been struggling with my weight my whole life. I lose it and then gain it back. I decided this time I'm gonna do it! I recently hired a personal trainer and we work out 2 days a week. I also take Zumba classed 3 times a week.
  • brookums71
    brookums71 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I understand how hard it is. I have struggled with this my whole life. I just recently have lost some of my cravings but it is a beast that never relents. Good luck, and we are in this together.
  • katyygirll
    Options
    drinking a ton of water and replacing a meal with a yogurt smoothie and some raw fruits and veggies has helped me! don't worry what the scale says, even if you only lost a pound its something =]
  • Sharonbed4d
    Options
    Exercise is important but nutrition is key to losing weight and keeping it off. I don't believe in diets since they rarely keep weight off. Moderation and healthy choices will keep it off in the long run. Best of luck!
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above suggestions. Log everything (even when you don't want to!) it really does help. I log in everyday and log EVERYTHING. I have had some really bad days, but I am learning how to eat differently to change my life. :smile:
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    There is no fail, except in not trying at all. Become fit and healthy on YOUR terms - this is YOUR journey. Don't measure YOUR journey against anyone else's because yours is plenty amazing.
  • midwesthiker
    Options
    You can friend me if you want. I think if we all support each other we can do it!