Snacks!!!!

Options
You guys helped me with breakfast (a lot) and thank you so much!

I am making my weekly food menu and realized I am lacking in the snack department! :)

I would love to know what you guys have daily for snacks!! :)

Replies

• bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Fruit, 100 calorie packs although a little high in sodium but their better than eating a whole bag of the actual thing, light popcorn, yogurt, celery & PB
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi.....I like something crunchy myself. Carrots, celery sticks with peanut butter, grapes, a handful of almonds, low fat yogurt, radishes, apples. Any raw fruit or vegetable is great!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    my daily addiction is a gala apple with peanut butter. Other snacks are hummus and baby carrots or other veggies, laughing cow cheese wedges with celery or good whole grain crackers, edamame, popcorn, homemade fruit smoothies, nuts, homemade trail mix with dried craisins, almonds and dark chocolate chips (gotta be careful not to eat too much). On the go snacks are the 90 calorie Fiber one bars (although they tend to make me crave sweets) Clif Bars and Supreme protein bars.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I stick with raw veggies and some fruits. I like crunchy snacks. My favorite by far is carrots and celery with a little bit of peanut butter. I eat yogurt, but only if it's gluten free. (I have a wheat allergy)
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    Almonds, fruit, apples with peanut butter, string cheese or cheese sticks, or 100 calorie pack cheese bites
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    On the go snacks are the 90 calorie Fiber one bars (although they tend to make me crave sweets) Clif Bars and Supreme protein bars.

They make me more hungry and crave sweets, too. Bummer!
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    One of my new favorites is yogurt (usually use the Dannon Light & Fit) and 1/4 cup of Kashi GoLean Crunch cereal. Low in calories, high in crunch and nutrition.
  • andrewferk
    Options
    My favorites are yogurts (especially greek!), edamame, fiber one or fiber plus bars, a mixture of nuts, and almost any fruit (careful with grapes and raisins).
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Dry roasted almonds!
  • sia83
    sia83 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi.
    I'm surprised how much peanutbutter you put on your snacks. Wouldn't it be better to replace it by low fat yogurt or cottage cheese?
    My snacks are carots, tomatoes, apples or for hungry moments a slice of homemade dark bread or an egg. I eat these things pure, after some days it will taste much better than before.
  • dawnkitchen
    Options
    fruits (i like apples and strawberries best)
    almonds
    yogurt
    veggies (not my personal fav, but a good choice!)
    cheese cubes and cucumber slices
  • ruthie3110
    ruthie3110 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Seafood sticks :)
    Only 85 calories for 5 sticks the ones I get!
  • tnkbest
    tnkbest Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like the vitatop muffins (fav is the chocolate) and special K chocolaty pretzel bar. Yes....I have a sweet tooth!
  • Jess3Loves
    Jess3Loves Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I like the vitatop muffins (fav is the chocolate) and special K chocolaty pretzel bar. Yes....I have a sweet tooth!

Where do you get the Vitatop muffins?
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    If you have a Droid or iPhone, download a free app called "The Snack App". You can find 50, 100, or 200 calorie snacks based on what you are craving (salty, sweet, crunchy, creamy, cheesy, healthy, sinful, etc.) as well as everyday activities to burn off quick calories in 50, 100, or 200 calorie increments. Not as "scientific" as MFP, but a good, quick, easy guide if you can't figure out what to snack on when the craving hits. If you are pre-planning snacks, it might not work out as well for you, but I use it when I have a few calories to spare and want something but just don't know what that "something" is.
  • Jess3Loves
    Jess3Loves Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    If you have a Droid or iPhone, download a free app called "The Snack App". You can find 50, 100, or 200 calorie snacks based on what you are craving (salty, sweet, crunchy, creamy, cheesy, healthy, sinful, etc.) as well as everyday activities to burn off quick calories in 50, 100, or 200 calorie increments. Not as "scientific" as MFP, but a good, quick, easy guide if you can't figure out what to snack on when the craving hits. If you are pre-planning snacks, it might not work out as well for you, but I use it when I have a few calories to spare and want something but just don't know what that "something" is.

Hey, this is awesome! I am going to look for it! Thanks!
  • gokate1
    Options
    100 calorie snack packs
    Chobani Greek Yogurt (looooove these! I could eat just these all days long! The best thing is the pineapple, mix it up, freeze it for an hour, ahhhhh!)
    Luna Protein Bars
    Apples
    Freeze Dried Apples (The CRISPS brand)
    Banana Nutella chips:
    half of banana sliced up-55 cals
    1 tablespoon of nutella- 100 cals
    take slices and cover in nutella
    Putting in freezer is optional if you want them slightly harder
    Blueberries
    Swiss Miss hot cocoa ;)
    Snacking is my fav.!
  • lmburi
    lmburi Posts: 22
    Options
    100 calorie bags of popcorn, celery sticks that I dip in yummy salsa, Skinny Cows for my sweet tooth, 100 calorie bags of nuts (almonds are my favorite)...
  • brmom92
    Options
    I like apples, low-fat string cheese or Aldi's chocolate rice cakes! All of these are under 100 calories per serving!
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    rice cakes or quaker mini cakes, cottage cheese snack sized, string cheese, 100 calorie popcorn, grapes, california mandarin oranges, apples, 100 calorie snack packs, sugar free jello with a little fat free whipped cream.