Any dinner ideas for around 300 calories?

Options
I am working crazy hours and ended up eating the majority of my calories today on the go, on the way to work this morning,before logging inand realising that a simple panini, coffee and banana clocked up 700 calories!

I really don't want to go over today, as yesterday was my cheat day- sooo any simple dinner ideas for around 300 calories would be EXCELLENT!

Many thanks in advance,
J

Replies

• polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    4 ounces turkey breast, 8 ounces shirataki noodles and a 1/2 cup of pasta sauce and spray some I cant believe its not butter on a piece of whole wheat bread and sprinkle some garlic flakes and toast it. Very yummy.

Turkey 100cals, shirataki noodles 40 cals, 1/2 cup pasta 50 cals, bread 100 cals,
  • Spinmedry
    Options
    Grilled or steamed shrimp with lemon, and a green salad with a slice of avocado.
  • lmburi
    lmburi Posts: 22
    Options
    For next time, buy a Cooking Light cookbook. Easiest meals you've ever made and almost always less than 300. My favorite right now is the 5 ingredients in 15 minutes book...so many good ones! Also, whenever I'm really low on calories, I pretty much get as many veggies as I can (peppers, tomatoes, and onions are my favorite), heat them up in a skillet, and then toss them with a low-cal teriyaki sauce or some salsa. You can eat a TON of veggies for very few calories and feel really full. Also, for 300 calories, you can usually dice up some chicken and throw that in the mix too.
  • NiftyNancy
    NiftyNancy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Brown rice 1/2 cup(approx 108 calories), 1/2 cup to 1 cup of frozen veggies (anywhere btwn 50 to 100 calories depending on what you choose) and 3 eggwhites (45 calories).
    Fry it in a pan ( use pam) and a splash of soy sauce. yummy and healthy.
  • Jasdramaqueen
    Jasdramaqueen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    8 ounces of Talapia (grilled/pan seared)

Steamed veggies (crisp not soggy)

a bean (black, pinto, navy, black eye)

This will put you in around 300 cals.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    My dinner tronight was 239 cals. I had 75g of poached pollock fish, 25g of boiled carrots, 10g of boiled green beans, 1/2 a baked butter nut squah and 1/4 tub of cheesey mash. I'm nicely sated now.