p90x help?

Options
Well first of all, people talk about p90x on here a lot. I really would like to try it out, becasue it seems people get good results, and it reminds me of a training program I did last summer that I actually enjoyed doing because it was tougher than just me working out on a treadmill or at the gym. I hear all these people talking about it and how great it is, but im pretty young and cant afford it! I dont have a job, and i really dont think my parents would buy me it because it is 120$! People who have it, is it worth it? or is there something cheaper that is similar? I would ask for it for my birthday, but its not until april and I wouldn't have enough time to get in shape for summer. What do you think?

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Look on amazon or craigslist, check with friends to see if anyone has it that you can borrow. Maybe the library. Good luck
  • Anna19911
    Options
    Get it on Ebay! In my opinion if you have enough time for it, its worth buying it.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Yes it's worth it. Be careful on Ebay as there is counterfiet P90X disc that don't work properly or won't contain the entire package.

I'm in the best shape of my life because of it and I'm about to be 45.
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Definitely check Craigslist. My husband bought all the DVDs, the books, a set of weights and a pull up bar for around $50. I haven't been completely dedicated to the program but it does provide for an awesome workout.
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that pending the form of P90x workout you do ( classic, lean, doubles all explained int he fitness guide ) you will also need additional equipment in the form of Dumb-bells or Bands, as well as a pull up bar or once again bands..
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Just mention your looking to your friends. Odds are one will have it or know someone who does. I got it from a friend but have been to sick to start lately.
  • ashlee2407
    ashlee2407 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Beachbody always has payment plans...before my husband was a coach, I purchased p90x and pd 30/month til it was paid off. They don't charge interest or anything.

Its just best to buy from bb..you get what you need & there is a lifetime warranty on the discs :)
  • shabaam
    Options
    I would look into Insanity, its from Beachbody, and is a 60 day program, that is absolutely worth it. I think it goes for $60-75 (not sure, I got it as a gift)

P90X is a great work out too, BUT you need a lot of equipment, and for Insanity, all you need are cross training shoes, water, and your determination! :D
  • zandhmom75
    zandhmom75 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have P90X, and I love it! Yes, it's a 90-day program, but many people do it over and over. For the money, it's a good deal for something you can potentially use for years to come. There is also a new program out called Supreme 90 Day. I believe it's 10 dvds, very similar to P90X, but the cost is $20. It has gotten good reviews. People say it's just different enough from P90X, that they are buying it to incorporate into their P90X workouts. I'm going to get it! I heard Bed, Bath & Beyond carries it, and also Walgreens. Best of luck to you!
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I might look into the Supreme 90 you are talking about....