So what's the story with this Almond MIlk??

Options
2»

Replies

• 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I don't drink cows milk. But I love Almond milk! Yum! I get the unsweetened which is 35 calories a cup.

I made a homemade chocolate cake today and used in it in place of skim milk. Turned out great.
  • susanaz
    Options
    I think Silk Coconut milk, unsweetened taste more like milk , better than Almond...more creamy in texture like milk but lower in fat and 80 cal for 1 cup and lots of calcium, but i do like almond milk as well, it's just more of a nutty taste :)
  • torrtorrr
    Options
    DEFINITELY try it! I love it. Doesn't taste anything like almonds, i get the unsweetened kind and its around 40 calories for a whole cup. delicious with cereal, shakes, etc. I've never had the chocolate one but i'm sure that would be amazing too.
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    Options
    I like it in my chai tea. :smile:
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Some like it because its lower calories and fat and to me it taste way different than milk. Its a hit or miss type thing. My daughter had a friend over(she is 9) and she liked it on her cereal. It does have less protein than cow or soy milk. I tend to alternate them in our house.

I'm not a cow's milk drinker. As an aspiring vegan I just don't like it plus I'm mildly lactose intolerant.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I bought the unsweetened vanilla and it is quite milk like. I taste a hint of almond but nothing overpowering and it's not sweet at all.

It's only 40 calories for a cup and I like it. I bought the unsweetened plain once though and OMG.........GROSSEST STUFF EVER!!!!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I have only tried the chocolate but it is DELICIOUS! I think 120 calories for 8oz.

The container always has an expiration date far in the future but it states to use withing 7-10 days of opening. Does anyone use it past those 10 days? I have a hard time drinking it so quickly! Thanks :)
  • christenmc
    Options
    I'm a fan of the unsweetened vanilla. I haven't had regular milk in so long I can't say how it compares.
    But when I drank coconut milk that was most similar in consistency to cows milk.

I use almond milk mainly in my smoothies and protein drinks. I love the richness it adds to it.
  • Johnnie01Sanford
    Options
    I like the almond milk because I am lactose intolerant and its good for that it tastes like milk yes with a hint of almond to it can be a good snack I buy the one that only has 35 calories in it.
  • kcalla
    kcalla Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My daughter can't have dairy so we made a Green curry out of the unsweetened So Delicious coconut milk,in the shelf box. Our local store can't keep it stocked so I buy two at a time. I LOVE it! Saute a whole chopped onion, add 1/2 jar of Thai Kitchen green curry paste, and 1 container of coconut milk. Great over hot bowls of veggies with 2 oz of turkey thrown in.

Ok, I need to make up a batch.
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking the unsweetened vanilla almond milk for about a year now. I like it because it doesn't have that thick consistency that diary milk has and it taste great! Give it a try!!
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    The Blue Diamond Vanilla UNSWEETENED has 0 grams of sugar per cup. 0!!! Cow milk, even the skim, has about 13 grams of sugar!
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I prefer Coconut Milk because of all the benefits behind coconuts
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    Options
    My daughter can't have dairy so we made a Green curry out of the unsweetened So Delicious coconut milk,in the shelf box. Our local store can't keep it stocked so I buy two at a time. I LOVE it! Saute a whole chopped onion, add 1/2 jar of Thai Kitchen green curry paste, and 1 container of coconut milk. Great over hot bowls of veggies with 2 oz of turkey thrown in.

Ok, I need to make up a batch.

Yum!:smile: