cardio before weights or weights then cardio last

Options
Which is good to do weights first then cardio or cardio first then weights?

Replies

• EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    well id cardio first but heard it was better the other way so you get you heart rate up and use the cal you have from food first than cardio to burn fat. hope this helps
  • Carissa83
    Carissa83 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've read before (and been told by my trainer) that if you do weights before cardio, you will burn more calories during your cardio session than you would have if you did cardio first.
  • suziehomemaker
    Options
    in truth it doesnt really matter...i personally do weights then cardio but i do notice if it is a really big cardio day if i have done legs frist im in extreme fatigue mode a whole lot quicker....its up to you, just remember to warm up and cool down and ALWAYS stretch it helps your blood flow and start to repair the damage
  • sharper43
    Options
    Weights before cardio. Cardio will make you too tired to push and give it your all for weights.

I do about 7-10 minutes of warmup cardio before I do weights. Just so my HR is up for the strength training. Then go back to your full cardio workout after you are done with weights.
  • Geoaiy
    Options
    My gym trained me to warm up 3 minutes on cardio.. meaning bring the heart rate up to your level. Then the weight work out.. This is my plan, I warm up then I pick the plan for the day, legs, arms, chest and back.. which ever. Then I finish it up with a 30 minutes cardio session.. feel great. Come home and make me my chocolate protein shake.. I am finally seeing some change in my appearance. Plus this website. wow.. good luck to all.. :smile: