1000 Calories

Options
Hi Everyone

My weightloss has come to a stand still, and im trying to figure out why,... Im hoping you MFP's can help me.

I eat on average 1000 calories a day (with or without exercise), I exercise between 3-5 times a week burning approximately 200 calories each time. I dont eat these calories.

I never go over my allocated sodium either.

Only thing I pinpoint is that I go over my sugar almost everyday when I eat fruit, I eat mainly plums and apples. Is this what is holding me back?

I forgot to mention i work in a desk job 8.30-5 and MFP recommends i eat 1200 calories

Any thoughts would really help

Cheers

Sarah

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    You are eating way too little calories...eat 1200 per day and some of the exercise calories if you want
  • KaleighL
    KaleighL Posts: 159
    Options
    Try eating more calories. That should speed your metabolism and help you lose. Also when you exercise, eat the calories you burned so that you net calories equals your goal calories. Hope that helped
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    what do you eat all your 3 meals and snacks a day? do you drink 2 liters of water a day? did you eat all 3 meal and snacks before you started MFP? when you exercise do you getting your heart rate up?
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Eat at least 1200 calories
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i work a desk job & went thru the same thing... and talked to my trainer. i woudl recommend burning more calories & eating your allowed calores... at least 1300-1500. and work out more b/c it will change your metabolism. my trainer recommended i cut out more carbs and increase protein/fat. yes fat. natural fat isn't bad... just the fast food & added fat. fruit = good.... don't count vege... stay away from corn b/c it isn't a vegetable..it's a starch like rice. make sure you are cutting back your refined carbs & sugar - bread, rice, pasta, watch sugar in your protein bars, etc. when you buy low fat, you are getting added sugar... i broke thru my plateau in 2 wks...
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Your putting your body into starvation mode by going under 1200 and not eating your exercise calories.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Eat more!!!!
  • Matthew_Gallagher
    Options
    Your body could possibly be going into "starvation mode", when your body retains as much fat as possible to keep energy for you. men should never eat less than 1800, and women should never eat below 1200. Try to eat 1200 even and just give it time.

You can calculate how much your body naturally burns each day here.
    http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/caloriedeficitcalculator.php

If you're completely sedentary, it'll take a lot longer for you to burn fat, but it will still happen if you maintain 1200 net calories a day.
  • EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    think you need to up the workout should do atleast 45 min of workout with your heart rate in the 60% to 80% of your max rate. this should make you lose more the desk job is killing you!!!lol to get your max rate it is 220 - your age than 60 to 80 %

now that 45 min is after warm up so start the clock when you hit 60% now remember i am not saying how you have to get it there just get it there and keep it there

hope this helps and yes eat 1200 cal a day
  • AmeliaDouglas
    AmeliaDouglas Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Eat more, exercise more. Do more strength training, which will boost your metabolism. Eat more protein and calorie rich foods like nuts to bring you up to the right number of calories.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    It's not the fruit that's holding you back. You're not eating enough and your metabolism has slowed down as a result. You should eat at least 1200 NET calories per day. In my opinion, MFP's sodium goal is way too high. Research it, you'll find the same. I lowered mine to 2,000mg and I'm trying to work my way down from there. Are you drinking a minimum of 8 glasses of water per day?
  • us05
    us05 Posts: 54
    Options
    wow, thanks everyone

I am eating 5 meals a day, breakfast lunch and dinner, plus an AM and PM snack. I am drinking a minimum of 2L of water a day

Funny enough I feel full enough, and dont crave any extra food. only occasionally after dinner do I start feeling hungry again.

I was eating 5 x a day before coming on MFP because I did bodytrim last year and that taught me the importance of eating at least every 3 hours. Unfortunatly once I got fed up with protein on bodytrim I stacked on the kilos again

Cheers again
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    wow, thanks everyone

I am eating 5 meals a day, breakfast lunch and dinner, plus an AM and PM snack. I am drinking a minimum of 2L of water a day

Funny enough I feel full enough, and dont crave any extra food. only occasionally after dinner do I start feeling hungry again.

I was eating 5 x a day before coming on MFP because I did bodytrim last year and that taught me the importance of eating at least every 3 hours. Unfortunatly once I got fed up with protein on bodytrim I stacked on the kilos again

Cheers again

Maybe you need to reduce (processed) carbs? Also, have you been doing the same exercises for a while (i.e. more than 4 weeks)? Our bodies get used to exercising fairly quickly so its a good idea to change your workouts every 4 weeks to keep your body guessing. I'd also recommend exercising more if you can. Try researching HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). You can go these types of workouts in a short space of time and they really get the heart pumping.