Any School Lunch ideas?

Options
anybody have good ideas for my lunch i take to school thats low in calories?
i dont have use of a microwave, so it has to be somewhat cold.
and i dont like yogurt :ohwell: [sorry]
thanks!

Replies

• screamin4jesus
    Options
    anybody have good ideas for my lunch i take to school thats low in calories?
    i dont have use of a microwave, so it has to be somewhat cold.
    and i dont like yogurt :ohwell: [sorry]
    thanks!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Tuna packets!!! nom nom nom

They come in yummy flavors, no mayo necessary (although it is tasty) and they fit right into a whole wheat pita (but take the tuna out of the packet first :laugh: ).
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I like to buy whole wheat tortillas & put grilled chicken breast, spinach, a little cheese & a low fat dressing of some sort on it. I'm a SAHM, but my lunches always have to be quick & able to eat while standing. I also make my own hummus & use it as a dip for apples & carrots. Tasty!
  • girldeese
    Options
    I like the cottage cheese doubles by Knudeson....about 99 cents each and 150 cals.....but you can always take your own container and put in cottage cheese and fruit. Lite apple sauce, again in a prepackaged portion, or you can buy a big jar and use plastic container, apples, pears, any fruit.....crackers, but check the cals and serving size.....Just a few I use.:wink:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Wraps!!!

Lunch meat, with lettuce, tomatoes, veggies, some grated parmesan cheese, and maybe some fat free cream cheese. You love it! YUM!!!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I take my lunch to school also. Once a week I make a huge salad with everything. Lettuce, cabbage, spinach, carrots, beets, radish all the things that aren't to soggy or go bad quickly. Then in the morning I add in different things like chicken, pine nuts, dried fruit or mandarin oranges, mushrooms, cottage cheese, tuna, cheese, whatever. Its normally plenty filling for a lunch. If you are still hungry you can add a fruit.

I also like wraps I use lunch meat, cheese and plain yogurt and herbs. The yogurt is in place of something like mayo and you don't really taste it. Of course you can use all the vegies you like and cream cheese if you prefer.

Good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • purplepanda
    purplepanda Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like to mix tuna with broccoli slaw (a packaged mix I get at the grocery store that is mostly shredded broccoli with a little shredded carrot and red cabbage also), chopped pickle, brown mustard and a very small amount of mayo. The end mixure is half protein and half vegetable.

I mix a big batch on Sunday and it will last all week (because the broccoli doesn't have as much moisture as lettuce or cabbage it stays fresh in the fridge all week plus I'm less tempted to buy something less healthy because it's too much effort to fix something to bring).

I take a cup of the tuna mix and add multigrain tortilla chips, a piece of fruit , and a bottle of water and have a very filling lunch. I include a freezer pack and use an insulated lunch bag so it stays cool all morning.