Weighing Myself

Options
How many times should I weight myself in a week or month???

Replies

• EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    most say once a week but i do it twice a day before and after the workout i know it alot but it works for me just have to find what works for you
  • Wolffeathers
    Options
    Generally, it's advised you weigh yourself once a week, same day and time. Some (like me) do so more regular, but I only generally record my once a week weight, unless I've shown some big change in the downward side (upwards could just be water weight, so I don't worry about it unless it's Monday morning).
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Once a week max, and skip the week aunt flo visits lol no lie
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I think its personal preference. I only "weigh in" once a week (Friday) but I like to weigh every other day or so, just so I know I am on the right track, but Friday is the only day that COUNTS.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I do once a week. If I did myself more often than that, I'd go insane.
  • Wolffeathers
    Options
    most say once a week but i do it twice a day before and after the workout i know it alot but it works for me just have to find what works for you

Only problem with this (and I'm not knocking you) is that most of the weight change is going to be water weight. If you drank lots of water, you may show a gain. If you didn't, you'll show a loss. Neighter of which is the true gain/loss.
  • nurse_chris
    Options
    Work with what helps you with positive gains and motivates you. Some people get discouraged by weighing themselves once a day (or more :noway: ). I weigh myself at least once at my gym as that scale is my bane, as its always 5 - 8 pounds heavier then my scale at home. That drives me to do cardio every visit.
  • EDBENAGLIO
    Options

Only problem with this (and I'm not knocking you) is that most of the weight change is going to be water weight. If you drank lots of water, you may show a gain. If you didn't, you'll show a loss. Neighter of which is the true gain/loss.

you are right however i have the same routin every day ( well 6 days) and weigh the same time every day with the same water and same food and same workout i know the weight will change but still adds to 1 lb a day avg. so this works for me. and i don't take it to heart i am weight training to so that adds alittle. but like i said it works for me.
  • JoSa37
    JoSa37 Posts: 16
    Options
    QUOTE:

I weigh before and after a workout to verify that I'm drinking enough during my workout to stay hydrated.
  • Lizzgeorge77
    Lizzgeorge77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. I have a digital scale and a tiled bathroom floor, so I weigh repeatedly, moving the scale around each time, until I get the same number 3 times in a row. I know it may sound compulsive, but I have weighed every day for 3 years. My weight doesn't fluctuate much at all, surprisingly (though it's been slowly and steadily declining over the last 2 years). But I like to be able to catch trends early. If I gain weight for 3 or 4 days in a row then I know I need to step it up and minimize sugar / maximize cardio for a few days until the trend reverses. If I lose weight suddenly or over several days in a row, I check my nutrition and look at what I did (usually I realize I've had less carbs/sugar than normal, or fewer net calories in general). Then I try to keep doing it. :)