treadmill

Options
Hi, I use the treadmill 5 days a week. On mondays and fridays I do an intense workout of 1,050 calories on incline 12 at 3.5 mph for 1 hour and the other days I do 6.0 incline at 3.5 mph that usually burns me 725 cal for 1 hour. Also, I do zumba during the week. My question was is this enough workouts to lose weight?? I want your input please.

Replies

• lguy29
    lguy29 Posts: 131
    Options
    I definitely think so! Just be careful with treadmills - they can cause knee problems and shin splints. Once (if) the snow melts, try finding a hilly area to run. Plus, it will be nice to get outside after being stuck in a gym.
  • kuarta
    kuarta Posts: 65
    Options
    I guess this would depend on how much calories you are eating.
  • AndyWandy10101
    Options
    idk how many calories i should eat a day because monday-friday i probably burn 1700 calories.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Depending on how you eat, you can work out twice that amount and never lose weight, or never ever work out and still lose weight. What matters is your net calorie deficit. Under "My Home" -> "Goals" you enter your weight loss goals and MFP then sets up the proper calorie deficit for you to reach your goal. Just plug in your numbers and then follow the plan. Hit up the community here at any time for support.
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    It is enough to lose weight if you are eating healthy. But if you eat unhealthy enough it doesn't matter how much you exercise.
  • Baroque_Ja
    Baroque_Ja Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    So true, it took me a long time to realize that. In fact it explains some very large athletes (linebackers mostly) who are incredibly fit cardio and strength wise under a lot of ballast.

Exercising just makes you feel so much better and allows you to not feel like you are subsisting on strict portions.