Hungry Girl!

Options
Has anyone tried any of the Hungry Girl recipes? I'm looking through the book "Hungry Girl: 200 under 200". A lot of these sound delicious, but I just wanted to know if they're worth trying out.

Replies

• RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    the cheese sticks, red velvet cupcakes, coconut chicken taco, fish taco
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Looks like a lot of processed type food. Definitely not my kind of site.
  • britishstar41
    britishstar41 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    A lot of her stuff uses "sugar free" products, which just make me hungrier.
  • Tuplatano
    Tuplatano Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Get this book." Taste of home: comfort food diet" the recipes are delicious and lots of pictures. I aways like to see what I'm making first.
  • dmkleno
    dmkleno Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have tried a lot of her recipes, but haven't been a fan...but I have started using some of the products that she sponsers and like them:) I do agree that she uses a lot of processed food.
  • time2move
    time2move Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Too much processed food for me. Try Skinnytaste.com!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I use her recipes as starting points to make my own versions of her stuff. Most of her recipes are bland and use a lot of crap foods. One of her cookbooks actually has a section dedicated to using Fat Free Cool Whip in the recipes. *shudder* The only thing scarier than whipped and frozen hydrongenated oils masquerading as whipped cream is fat free hydrongenated oils. Blech.

Oh, and as one of the few positive notes - her cookbooks may not be filled with pictures, but if you go to her website you can look up any recipe that's in any of her cookbooks and it'll show you a picture of the completed dish.