The nightly munchies are here! How do you satisfy them?

Options
ok so here we go...the worst time of the day for me. Ive had dinner and because I had a good workout I get hungry. Any suggestions? I want chocolate!!! LOL

Replies

• EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    depending on how hard you work out you could drink 1% choc. milk google it

i eat 2 dark choc. kisses a night
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Bananas fill me up...and if you absolutely need chocolate, maybe melt a little and dip the banana (or strawberries--my fav!) in it. I get night time munchies too....really bad. Usually mine is for salt though and it is never good for my sodium count! Good luck!
  • awyler
    awyler Posts: 78
    Options
    dove dark chocolate mini's. eat 1 or two pieces. chocolate milk is great after a workout. nesquik has 100 calorie bottles.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Protein. Especially after a hard workout. But if you already ate enough protein and not in the mood then I suggest oatmeal. Yummy I love my oatmeal. I look forward to eating it every morning for my breakfast and sometimes I think bout eatin it for my dinner bc I love it! LOL
  • sweetnshy
    Options
    Mine is popcorn. I heart popcorn
  • jaccismith
    Options
    I love Chocolate Milk!! I will be running to the store to get some! LOL! Thank you!
  • Haven74
    Options
    I try to remember the saying that has been pounded into my brain for as long as I can remember: "(arbitrary number)% of hunger is thirst". So I drink a big glass of water, or milk - well soy or almond milk... if I'm still feeling the need for a snack after about 30 minutes I'll try to determine what I'm craving, sweet, salty, crunchy, etc...

I try to keep junk snacks to a minimum in my house, because I know I will eat them if I buy them (Girl Scout Cookies, courtesy of my husband, aside). I really like Nutella for that sweet chocolate craving. Nutella on a banana is delicious, and is more filling and nutritious than a couple pieces of chocolate. Fruit slushy is good too, frozen fruit blended with water and a touch of sugar or honey, adding enough water to get it to the desired consistency - anywhere from sorbet thickness to liquefied.

I also like to keep fresh veggies in the fridge for a crunchy low cal snack. Bell peppers, carrots, celery, edamame, cucumbers, etc. And for salty cravings I like Triscuits or pretzels. Books-A-Million's coffee shop has a crunchy salty snack which I absolutely love, Grasshopper Asian Snacks Wasabi Me. (No grasshoppers, just pretzely, crackery things and dried peas or beans coated in wasabi). I never realized until a couple weeks ago it was single serving, we usually get a good 3-4 servings out of each pack, and it is under 150 calories for the entire package. Plus the heat from the wasabi gets those good endorphins up!

If you're planning on going to bed soon after your snack though, I would keep it just filling enough to satisfy your craving, and light enough to not have it interfering with sleep.
  • jaccismith
    Options
    Great info!! Thank you! I love all these ideas!:smile:
  • whitneynina
    whitneynina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I cannot even sleep I am so hungry. I have tried water and everything finally I just got up and had a muffin. So much for only having 6 calories left now I am over! I might ry having a glass of chocolate milk before I go to bed. That might work!
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I've been eating the 90% cacao Lindt chocolates. 2 squares is pretty satisfying and it is so dark there is no point in eating it fast, so it lasts a long time.
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have a sugar free chocolate pudding cup (sometimes two). It really helps with the chocolate cravings and it's only 60 calories. I will also sometimes keep a dark chocolate bar in the butter section of my fridge and just pull off one square when I need it.
  • allisonault
    Options
    How about baby carrots? 15 calories a pop. They're still a bit sweet and the crunch is very satisfyiing. Plus, I find that if I eat any processed sugar at all, I'll just end up wanting more. I find drinking a hot green tea at night kills off any urges to snack. And, it's a good ritual replacement for sweets.